PHP downgrade causes Apache failure
Posted by: JonasN_78 (---.qld.westnet.com.au)
Date: May 17, 2010 02:06AM

I have isntalled WAMP2.0i and then installed PHP5.2.11 addon (on purpose). When I perform the switch over on the WAMP manager, the service restarts and fails to load. Apache log showing no errors, but shows nothing at all after the switch event. When I comment out the PHP module in apache.conf everything starts OK - though I obviously have no PHP (not much use).

A minute after I perform the switch, I get an on screen error titled "Aestan Tray Menu" - Could not execute men item (internal error). [EAccessViolation] Access violation at 0043AC36 in module 'wampmanager.exe'. Read of address 70687072.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help me get WAMP2 to work with PHP5.2.11? I need this to work as I am using a PHP app that requires Zend runtimes (only available as PHP 5.2.x).

Cheers,
Jonas

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP downgrade causes Apache failure
Posted by: ocular (202.124.74.---)
Date: June 06, 2010 02:13AM

Did you get any solution to this - was this a bug in the PHP 5.2.11 add -on that could have possibly been corrected?

Interestingly I installed Wampserver 2.0i (PHP 5.3.0) and tried to downgrade to PHP5.2.10 to make a development server consistent with the production server. PHP5.3.0 works fine with Wampserver 2.0i but downgrading to PHP 5.2.10 produces exactly the same problem as you had when you downgraded to PHP5.2.11. ie Apache doesn't start, and the Wampserver icon stays yellow, commenting out ---LoadModule php5_module "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.10/php5apache2_2.dll" in httpd.conf allows Apache to start but no PHP.

I have tried your combination Wampserver 2.0i and addon PHP5.2.11 and all works fine for me , but the PHP5.2.10 addon doesn't.
Could someone be kind enough to test Wampserver 2.0i and add on PHP 5.2.10 to see if all the services will start.

I doubt if my system is at fault as wampserver 2.0i works fine and my WinXP SP3 is an initial install, no internet access, host file OK, no firewall - antivirus, no other software installed.

Could this be a bug in PHP5.2.10 addon?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.