does not open a file in www folder.
Posted by: hubby4u (---.edu.pk)
Date: September 08, 2014 09:04AM

i have created a file using notepad, named variables.php in www folder. but when i try to open this file by typing [localhost], the following error comes:

"Not Found The requested URL /variables.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.9 (Win64) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80"

but when i create the same file using Microsoft WebMatrix, everything is fine. but i want to do this with notepad. plz help me how can i do this. thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 10:34AM by hubby4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does not open a file in www folder.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 08, 2014 10:20AM

Hi,

Never put a php file in wamp/www/. Put the file in another folder, for example: wamp/www/mysite/ and apply: WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 08, 2014 10:34AM

doesnt work sad smiley

Date: September 08, 2014 11:02AM

Hi,

Notepad is absolutely not recommended to create or modify the php file.
Use Notepad++

And if you carefully and calmly follow the instructions in the link I gave above, it will still work.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

file not opening in site folder in the directory
Posted by: ojate12 (154.120.76.---)
Date: September 08, 2014 08:43PM

I just formatted my laptop and installed window 8 into it. I went ahead to run my wamp server to it and fully successful. I open the local host of the wamp server in my browser and was successful too. I created my website folder in the directory of the wamp server then installed wordpress into it. It was successfully installed. I came down again to preview the installed wordpress files in my wamp server and not showing rather giving error message that i should check my internet connection. I was not online when doing this and find it hard on how to resolve it. Can somebody help me out. I just need to preview my site in the browser. Please, note the problem is not from wordpress installation.

View the screen shot below. My wbsite folder is eagle and not previewing in the browser.

Date: September 09, 2014 07:57AM

@ Otomatic it is working even only with notepad++. now i have created the same file using notepad++ and placed that file in www folder. and when i run that file by typing "[127.0.0.1]; (testNP++ is the name of the file), the web page is opening fine. i dint have to make any changes in the wamp config files. thank u very much brother.

Date: September 09, 2014 09:57AM

Hi,

@ojate12
Please, do not you interfere in a discussion already open. Open your own discussion. Even if your problem seems similar, the causes can be totally different.
> Please, note the problem is not from wordpress installation.
If you installed Wordpress without using VirtualHost is improper installation.
See: WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts and open a new discussion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.