maximum execution time exceeded
Posted by: gmar74 (---.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 14, 2014 08:10AM

Hi all,

I appreciate there are a lot of forum posts out there already for the "maximum execution time exceeded" error, but no matter what I try I cannot solve it.

I'm trying to import a large sql.gz file, approx 500MB, through phpmyadmin and I keep getting the following:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 360 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.1.14\libraries\plugins\import\ImportSql.class.php on line 227

Regardless of the settings I use in the configuration files, it keeps failing with this exact message. I have no idea where it is even getting 360 seconds from.

I edited php.ini with the following:
max_execution_time = 9999
max_input_time = -1
memory_limit = 1024M

Note that I opened the file via the system tray icon which took me to C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini. I have also tried the same settings in the other php.ini file in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12 but with no luck.

I've also edited config.default.php with the following:
$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;
$cfg['UploadDir'] = 'C:\wamp\uploaddir';

I can successfully select my file from the upload directory so I know the second value here is being read correctly.

Neither of these values exist in config.inc.php (but if I do add them it doesn't change anything).

I am restarting all services after the settings are changed.

Does anyone have ideas how I can increase the execution limit?

My environment......
OS is Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit and I've installed wamp 2.5 32bit (Apache : 2.4.9 MySQL : 5.6.17 PHP : 5.5.12 PHPMyAdmin : 4.1.14). I've followed the installation instructions for wamp and I have a green icon in the system tray. This is only used for dev so I have full control over the settings. I don't have any Virutal Hosts set up yet so my Local hosts file only contains: 127.0.0.1 localhost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: maximum execution time exceeded
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 14, 2014 11:09AM

Hi,

See: [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: maximum execution time exceeded
Posted by: gmar74 (---.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 14, 2014 07:45PM

Perfect ! Thank you so much for your help.

I added the following in wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf and I now have control over the timeout value!

php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 512M
php_admin_value post_max_size 512M
php_admin_value max_execution_time 900
php_admin_value max_input_time 900

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.