phpMyAdmin problem connecting
Posted by: ddagmij (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 27, 2009 12:24AM

Using wamp server 2.0h, left click the 'white' icon, left click phpMyAdmin, I get this message;

Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

The mysqli link takes me to a page on the PHP site explaining the mysqli extensions but doesn't seem to identify my problem.

The documentation link tells me I need to instal 'PHP-MYSQL or something' I thought wamp installed PHP-MYSQL when I installed the package, no idea what they mean by 'or something' I realy thought I'd get a more precise explanation 'or something'!

The semicolon is removed from the php_mysqli.dll extension in the ini file.

I uninstalled 2.0h, restarted my pc, installed 2.0i, re started pc, same results.

I uninstalled 2.0i, re-installed 2.0h, same results, all the while I'm re-starting between installs and uninstalls and checking to see if the mysqli extension is enabled, it is.

I'm taking an online course in PHP MySQL and this seems to have stumped the instructor! I know, not a good sign. Anyway does anybody have a solution before I'm forced to hang myself?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin problem connecting
Posted by: toumimi (---.115.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: August 27, 2009 12:52AM

Follow that guide to see all causes I know for that problem : [forum.wampserver.com]

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: August 27, 2009 01:03AM

Thanks for your respnse but I don't see my problem in that list. Any other ideas?

Date: August 27, 2009 02:01PM

One more thing I'll add, I'm on a PC running Vista Home Premium 64bit. Could the 64 bit system be the problem?

Does ANYBODY have a solution?

Posted by: toumimi (---.115.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: August 28, 2009 11:39AM

Nop, 64 bit is not the problem.
But maybe you have installed wamp in a path containing "(x86)" for example..

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: August 28, 2009 11:47AM

Thank you for your response. I've solved the problem. Here's what I did.

I removed everything from my C drive with any reference to php or sql.

Microsoft had a sql lite server 2005 installed, it looked like it was part of my Office suite. There was a PHP folder in my program files and a couple other things.

Basicly, I cleaned house. I just hope no surprises sneek up on me.

Anyway I un-installed wampserver 2.0i, deleted the set up files, re-started my machine then downloaded a fresh copy of the latest release, wampserver 2.0i.

After going through the install wizard, phpMyAdmin connected for me.

If anybody ever has this problem in the future this is my suggestion;

Remove all traces of php and sql from your C drive, restart, download fresh copy, install.

At least that's what worked for me after more than a day and a half of misery and many combinations of un-instal, re-install.

Posted by: wamper93 (79.101.47.---)
Date: August 30, 2009 04:33PM

Hi everybody!

I also have a problem with PHP My Admin in Wamp Server 2.0i! When phpmyadmin worked I tried to add a new user account with username admin and the password, I successfully finished this job. Next time, I left-clicked to the Wampserver icon in the tray and than to the phpmyadmin. Than, an error message occured:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I tried very much things to solve this problem but I can't find a solution!

First, when the problem showed I closed and uninstalled Wamp Server 2.0i. Than I deleted the folder C:\wamp and all it's content, than restarted my PC and again installed Wamp Server 2.0i on my machine. After installation the problem persists and #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) again shows when I want to reach phpmyadmin!

After this steps I tried modifying the file C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.2.0\config.inc.php. First I checked this file for errors and than, for testing reasons, entered an invalid user, for example asjdkaldakdj, it's only the example! And after it #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) occurs when I open phpmyadmin! A problem occurs for user root every time I access phpmyadmin, and it seems that I haven't modified config.inc.php!

Before 2.0i I used 2.0h. One time I had the same problem but uninstall and a new install solved it!

Any solutions?

Date: August 30, 2009 07:00PM

By default 2.0i has no password, as you probably know. If you added a new user with a password you might want to try adding a password to your admin account. At least that's what I would try. As I found out with my problem, this stuff is pretty picky in how it works. I would think if you have no password on one account and a password on another it may cause a problem.

Date: August 31, 2009 09:36AM

Hmm, how I can now edit user accounts and passwords when phpmyadmin doesn't work?

Date: August 31, 2009 11:29AM

You can do it in MySql. This might work for you. I got this from another forum, thought I'd pass it along.

If you change the root user's password in MySQL you need to tell phpMyAdmin what the new password is. That's controlled in the config.inc.php file in the c:\wamp\apps\phpmyadminxxxxx folder (where xxxxx is the version number of phpMyAdmin installed. Just look for the line that sets the password, and change it from the empty string to your new password. Just one thing - the config.inc.php file is a Unix-style text file, so it won't open properly in Notepad. However, Wordpad works just fine!

Good Luck.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 31, 2009 02:46PM

Date: August 31, 2009 04:04PM

Hi friends,

thank you all for your help, finally I solved my problem with phpmyadmin, again uninstallation helped me, phpmyadmin works now! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I must take care from now and in the future! And now I also have to set password for user root, very very very carefully!

Thanks in advance! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 04:07PM by wamper93.

Posted by: star_27 (202.72.245.---)
Date: October 19, 2009 11:13AM

hey can yu give me wamp 2.0 h please i can't find?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 19, 2009 08:06PM

Posted by: wamper93 (93.87.41.---)
Date: October 20, 2009 11:22AM

Why you don't want to use Wamp Server 2.0I, it's much better than the version H?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.