MongoDB extension not loading
Posted by: RhoVisions (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 18, 2014 01:57PM

I was hoping someone could help me out.

I recently deleted my old copy of wamp and installed 2.5. I went to get the latest MongoDB drivers as well, and found that in the PHP extension menu, it has a small warning icon next to it, and won't let me load it. If I edit php.ini directly, it doesn't load either.

Anyone have any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MongoDB extension not loading
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 18, 2014 02:15PM

If you are using WampServer 2.5 you will need a mongodb extension that has been compiled as thread safe and using the VC11 (MSVC2012) compiler.

So if you download from here [s3.amazonaws.com]

Download php_mongo-1.5.4.zip and in that zip you will find this file php_mongo-1.5.4-5.5-vc11.dll

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2014 02:19PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: RhoVisions (---.mycingular.net)
Date: June 18, 2014 02:34PM

That is the driver in trying to use :/

Date: June 18, 2014 03:26PM

I assume you actually installed the mongodb rather than just assuming the php extension will magically give you access to mongo?

[docs.mongodb.org]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: RhoVisions (---.133.54.66.available.above.net)
Date: June 18, 2014 03:54PM

Yah, I've been using Mongo for a while now. I'm trying to update from WAMP 2.2e (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.3.13, MySQL 5.5.24) to WAMP 2.5 (Apache 2.4.9, PHP 5.5.12, MySQL 5.6.17). I'm currently using MongoDB 2.4.9 if it matters.

But its not a case of PHP not being able to access mongo... the extension won't actually load; as mentioned above, in the WAMP PHP extension menu, it has a warning symbol next to it, and if I add it to the PHP ini directly, it still doesn't show up in the PHPinfo().

Date: June 18, 2014 04:24PM

Ok everything in the WAMPServer 2.5 set is compiled with VC11(MSCV 2012) so you will have to get a PHP extension that is also compiled with VC11.

It has to be Thread Safe as thats the way WAMPServer rolls.

I dont see anything on the mongo docs that indicates what compiler was used to build the PHP extensions. Maybe you need to ask on their site for a bit of assistance in that area. i.e. what compiler was used!

Date: June 18, 2014 04:49PM

The files have vc11 in their names, which seems to indicate they are VC11 compiled. As I don't really know what that means, I can't comment... I guess I'll try to go back to 2.2e... I need mongo running, but I wanted to use PHP traits...

Date: June 18, 2014 04:53PM

Do you know if the version of mongo you have installed will work with the latest php_mongo extensions.

Possible it requires an upgrade of mongo.

PS: I am guessing here

Date: June 18, 2014 04:58PM

Does the Mongo version affect whether PHP can load the extension or not? Wouldn't that just affect PHP's ability to actually connect to the database?

Date: June 18, 2014 05:25PM

I dont know. Can the extension you have access the mongo you have installed?

Better check on their site

Date: June 18, 2014 05:37PM

So I was getting the drivers from [s3.amazonaws.com] before, but I went to [pecl.php.net] to get them. Now, the drivers seem to load (no more warning symbol), but it still doesn't show up in phpinfo.

Date: June 18, 2014 09:29PM

So I found out the issue was the latest driver. I was trying to use 1.5.4, kept saying 'The specified module could not be found'. I went down to 1.5.1 and it worked.

Posted by: jimmy_aka_jay (---.169.202.49-tataidc.co.in)
Date: July 17, 2014 01:45PM

Thanks RhoVisions, your answer came as a relief to me,tried many solutions but none worked. Changing driver version from 1.5.4 to 1.5.1 did the trick for me

Posted by: coreymanshack (74.221.159.---)
Date: February 28, 2015 10:39PM

I was having the same issues as everyone else here and the only thing that saved me was using the 1.5.1 driver from PECL (not the guys that make the driver). Everyone should use this link -
[pecl.php.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.