Orange Icon -Localhost and phpmyadmin won't load
Posted by: freespirit (---.plus.com)
Date: June 05, 2014 09:58PM

I was happily working on a few of my sites, updated a couple of plugins, edited my virtual host file, restarted wamp, and it is stuck on orange. Localhost won't load and myphpadmin won't load. The php error log says [05-Jun-2014 09:30:53 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'W:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.16/ext/php_sqlite.dll'

What can I do? it's the previous version of wamp.

kind regards
free

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange Icon -Localhost and phpmyadmin won't load
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 06, 2014 10:58AM

Well if wamp wont start after chnging your vhost def file I can only assume you made a mistake with one of those changes.

If Apache wont restart, first try looking at the Windows Event Viewer and look for messages from Apache. Its pretty good at telling you the line number in either httpd.conf or any included file where the error is.

Alternatively try thisfrom a command window :

W:
CD \wamp\bin\apache\apache\apache2.4.9\bin
httpd -t

This should also verify and report errors in any config file.
It stops on the first error so keep trying this and fixing the error until you get a message saying 'OK'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Orange Icon -Localhost and phpmyadmin won't load
Posted by: freespirit (---.plus.com)
Date: June 07, 2014 01:08AM

Hi Riggs..

Apologies for the delay in replying, long shift today.

I followed your instructions and they were spot on. You were absolutely right, it was an error in the vhosts file which i had missed but did not know that windows event viewer could be so specific by giving the line number in the file, i was well impressed, forgive my ignorance.. IT WORKED A TREAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!.

kindest regards
free.x

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.