Can't install wamp
Posted by: Diabolord (92.85.37.---)
Date: June 02, 2014 09:30PM

Hey guys, I was trying to install wamp on my computer. I run Win XP SP3 x32. I installed it on the default location c:\wamp, but after the instalation is completed the wizard says that firefox has been detected on my computer and asks me if I would like to use it as the default browser with WampServer2, I click Yes. Right after this it gives me the next error message : "c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\httpd.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I click ok and the message appears again. After clicking ok again, it asks me to set PHP mail parameters, and I use localhost as SMTP and my personal e-mail adress. Launching wamp gives me this : "The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812aeb.". I click ok and the last error message says : "Exception exception in module wampmanager.exe at 000F15A0.
Could not execute run action:
. "
I installed it with skype offline and i have latest .NET framework installed. I would surely apreciate your help.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't install wamp
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2014 10:15PM

Hi,

Wampserver 2.5 will not run on Windows XP

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Diabolord (92.85.37.---)
Date: June 02, 2014 10:24PM

Is there any older version that I can install to run?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 03, 2014 09:28AM

Hi,

Wampserver 2.2e : [sourceforge.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.