Want wamp MySQL disabled and wamp icon green
Posted by: rocketeer (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: June 02, 2014 05:24PM

I have installed the latest wampserver with apache 2.4.9. It always comes with MySQL. I have an existing MySQL and I don't want to use MySQL from within wamp -- the site I'm maintaining doesn't access a database.

I have "uninstalled" the MySQL service from the Wamp menus. The Wamp icon is Orange, yet my site is handled OK by Wamp. I *could* be happy with this, but why be happy when I can get this perfect?

Still, the Wamp menus still say "Uninstall MySQL", even though it is stopped and uninstalled. Unless, of course, it is never uninstalled.

Is there a way to make the MySQL options both disabled and not appearing? I already tried hand-editing the wampserver.conf and wampserver.ini files. I get two results:
* If I change the INI file it is auto-regenerated.
* If I change the CONF file and eliminate the MySQL stuff Wamp fails to start, because the INI file is incomplete.

Can my changes also make the Wamp icon Green?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want wamp MySQL disabled and wamp icon green
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2014 06:10PM

Hi,

MySQL is an integral and indivisible part of WampServer and as such can not be deleted.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.