phpmyadmin blank screen
Posted by: insolitude (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2009 08:49PM

With wamp 2.0 I've been able to access [localhost] with no problems. I recently installed MySQL ODBC 5.1 driver because a business application of mine required it -- but now I can't access [localhost]. I just get a blank screen. If I run MySQL Administrator I get:

Could not connect to the specified instance
MySQL error number 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server localhost (10061)

I can't figure it out. Wamp shows 1/3 red and 2/3 white. I can't get wampmysqld service to start.

Hope this all makes sense. I'm new to this and am baffled as to how to resolve. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin blank screen
Date: February 20, 2009 08:55PM

UPDATE

Changed MySQL Administrator configuration file to "C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.30\my.ini" (section name: wampmysqld). Then clicked the Start Service button. Here is the log:

Trying to start the server ...
Server was started.
Recovering after a crash using mysql-bin

Starting crash recovery...

Crash recovery finished.

Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist

Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','

Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.

c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.30\bin\mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.30-community-log' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Re: phpmyadmin blank screen
Date: February 20, 2009 10:25PM

UPDATE

Uh, apparent port conflict with Skype was preventing Apache service from starting. Exit Skype and all is well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.