hmm.. mysql not connecting when I imported db to host
Posted by: maymoonshine22 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 17, 2009 05:25PM

Hello again. I have a question again: when I imported my db into the hosting service server [with success] and created the same user name and password, then in trying to connect from the php page I created it is giving me this error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'may'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/va/public_html/Connections/dbnorthwind.php on line 9

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'may'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/va/public_html/Connections/dbnorthwind.php on line 9

So I check the Connections line 9 and it has the correct user name and password.

What am I doing wrong?

Help greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hmm.. mysql not connecting when I imported db to host
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 17, 2009 06:28PM

/home/va/public_html/Connections/dbnorthwind.php on line 9
r u using Linux? if using wamp, path should begin w/ drive letter ;-)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 06:29PM by yfastud.

Date: February 17, 2009 10:20PM

Nope. Not using Linux for this. Any other suggestions?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 18, 2009 01:42AM

read your original post, seems I didn't get it the first time; anyway, most live host use Linux, while you're using wamp, so you should edit your php script to have correct path; also, make sure you create user that have privilege to modify that db, not sure how, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: February 20, 2009 02:36PM

Thank you, yes I know they use Linux/Apache on live host but I meant I was not using it locally. I had the password created also locally and did the same on the live host. What I am not sure of is the path in the php script. What should the path be? I have no idea especially that I think from the error I am getting it can see the database but is unable to login using that password. The path is probably not localhost on the live host, correct? so what do I change? the Connections path and change localhost to the live host path or other pages that I have created?

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.