Issues using Wampserver
Posted by: Asiwaju_foye (41.58.6.---)
Date: April 04, 2014 04:07PM

I need urgent help using/installing Wampserver please.

i am quite new to web design as whole so quite unfamiliar with most languages/terminologies used here.I had actually installed succesfully on my windows 7 32 bits system wamp server 2.2e, php 5.3. it was green as supposed but i wasnt able to access phpMyadmin or localhost (forbidden 404 error) "you do not have permission ...."

i followed some instructions here by editing in httpdconf. to allow all but still didnt work. then the icon changed to orange.

i deleted and uninstalled to start afresh but i keep getting an orange icon!

i would appreciate any ideas on how to go about this dearly please

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Issues using Wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 04, 2014 04:23PM

Did you uninstall and then delete the \wamp folder OR did you delete the folders and then uninstall?

You original problem woudl have been solved by editing the \wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf file and changing

Order Deny,Allow
	Deny from all
	Allow from 127.0.0.1

To this

Order Deny,Allow
	Deny from all
	Allow from 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1

RULE 1. Ignore any tutorial/help that suggests changing anything to `Allow from all` unless you actually want to allow access from the whole internet, its lazy and normally point to someone who does not actually understand what they are doing,

As to your new problem, I would try Uninstalling again. Then delete the remaining \wamp folder and all subfolders.

Then reinstall. If the icon does not go green, post again and I will offer to TeamViewer into your system and help you solve the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Asiwaju_foye (41.58.17.---)
Date: April 08, 2014 04:58PM

thanks for your response. i actually uninstalled then deleted the folder.

i just followed your instructions now again and still got an orange color sad smiley. Any suggestions please

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 08, 2014 05:15PM

Install TeamViewer and I will troubleshoot for you.

Install TV, then run it.

Send me a Private Message containing the TV ID and PASSWORD so I can connect.
Leave TV running as it will change the password each time you restart it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Asiwaju_foye (41.58.18.---)
Date: April 09, 2014 10:30AM

sent the details to your PM. kindly check please. just hoping this works out sad smiley

Posted by: Asiwaju_foye (41.58.3.---)
Date: April 09, 2014 04:56PM

Riggs,

please assist me here again. i was able to create a database on phpmyadmin succesfully and was ready to install wordpress but [localhost] wont open. returned http error

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 10, 2014 12:49AM

What error?

Posted by: Asiwaju_foye (41.58.14.---)
Date: April 10, 2014 09:43AM

http 500 internal error "the website cannot display the page"

"Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.