Need help with geting back into PHPmyadmin
Posted by: Jacky (---.range86-136.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 18, 2008 06:30PM

Hi I have been using WAMP for some time. Not secured.
Today I have loaded joomla. Followed a youtube video for directions [uk.youtube.com].
I was up quickly or so it seemed.
I then used the instructions for the password setting in PHPMyadmin.
Followed the step by step instructions.
I typed out the password in an excel sheet then used that to copy into the password location in privileges
Was given this message

CREATE USER 'Jacky'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*********';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'Jacky'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*********' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Clicking on the home symbol in MyPhpadmin I then get as expected an error message .

Instructions gave directions to go to Config.inc file and making the following alterations.

. Went into the Config.inc in phpmyadmin. Copied the whole file to a new txt file. Replaced the $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = ''; with $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php'; Then I replaced $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'root'; with $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'g3GBVRBZ'; Now when I access PHPMyadmin I get Error MySQL said: Documentation #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) Problem is that now I have altered myPhpAdmin I can not get back. Also I removed all other users in Phpmyadmin. What worries me is that I may have alter root to my name. Bit of a mess. What should I do. Looking forward to hearing I can still use the other programs and see localhost. Jacky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 06:44PM by Jacky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help with geting back into PHPmyadmin
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 07:38PM

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.