PHP 5.4.12 V9 x64 php_com_dotnet.dll - NOT INCLUDED
Posted by: dirtybirdnj (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 16, 2014 10:37PM

I installed the most recent version of WampServer 2.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit edition, which includes:

Apache 2.4.4
PHP 5.4.12

I have some old code that is dependent on the php_com_dotnet.dll, and I cannot for the life of me find a copy of this file that will work with my installation.

The script freezes at the point where it tries to open any word files, without any error or other descriptive message. I looked in the Apache error log, and I see rows like the following:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.12/ext/php_com_dotnet.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I tried using a copy of the php_com_dotnet.dll from PHP 5.5.8, but I get the following error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: com_dotnet: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20121212\nPHP compiled with module API=20100525\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

Where can I find this php_com_dotnet.dll compiled properly for the 2.4 release of WampServer. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of PHP?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP 5.4.12 V9 x64 php_com_dotnet.dll - NOT INCLUDED
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2014 12:03AM

Don't use the 64 bit version of wamp, u have no hope with that using a 32bit addon!

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 06:56PM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: dirtybirdnj (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 17, 2014 06:25PM

Steven,

Thanks for the tip... Is this .dll ONLY available compiled for 32bit environments? If what you're saying is true, then I've been trying to find a solution that doesn't exist.

I installed the 32bit version of Wamp 2.4... Still getting hung up when I try to do the PHP/COM calls to open word files... but at least I'm not getting can't load .dll errors anymore

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2014 06:59PM

If it's a 32bit dll , then u need to use php in 32bit,

U then need to match the dll to the php build.

I don't know that extension but it's very hard to find any x64 ones.try use a php addon that matches

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.