Downloading Wampserver
Posted by: MickGobb (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 07, 2014 05:58PM

Attempted to download Wampserver (64 bit) 2.4 and got a message with warnings on it. The only warning that required action was the need for vcredist_x64.exe. I downloaded and installed followed by a cold reboot. I did this three times. Attempts to download Wampserver never let me get beyond this message.

I attempted this download on two different computers, both running Windows 7 -64 bit with service pack 1. One is an HP laptop and the other is an ASUS being used as a graphics workstation. I want to simply use Wampserver to debug PHP script before uploading to a hosting service.

What am I doing wrong? It's as though I can't even get to the starting gate.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Downloading Wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 07, 2014 06:00PM

Please make sure you have the latest version of all of these Microsoft C++ Redistributable runtime libraries.

The 2008 Redist is used by wampmanager
The 2010 Redist is used by some versions of Apache ( depending on compiler used )
The 2012 Redist is used by some versions of Apache ( depending on compiler used )

FOR WAMP 32bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]

If you are using WampServer 2.4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 [www.microsoft.com]
And select vcredist_x86.exe

FOR WAMP 64bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]
Yes you need the x86 Package regardless
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]
If you are using WampServer 2.4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 [www.microsoft.com]
And select vcredist_x64.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 07, 2014 08:59PM

I went to Microsoft's download site, downloaded and installed all the packages you list for WAMP 64 bit. All the different selections ended up with the download of two packages: vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe. I ran both these executables and did a cold reboot of the computer. The problem of getting the warning message and not being able to download still exists.

I really would like to get WAMP running; I find the idea of uploading untested web pages to a hosting server disquieting.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2014 09:01PM

Can you get teamviewer and ill take a look for you? could be a couple of things missing that need a troubleshoot

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 07, 2014 11:46PM

Thanks for the offer Steven, I'll take you up on it. Let me get Teamviewer on my computer and I'll email you at one of the email addresses you listed, probably tomorrow. Got a preference which address and what time?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 08, 2014 12:38AM

Gmail is best

Anytime after 7pm gmt would suit

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 10, 2014 01:04AM

Thanks for getting the Wampserver working. I built a directory structure, putting both htm and php pages in it and added another directory for art and everything works great. Again, thanks for the help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.