Debugging?
Posted by: rkevinburton (---.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com)
Date: December 19, 2013 01:42AM

I am using PHPStorm and I am able to add the lines for xdebug to php.ini so PHPStorm thinks that debugging is enabled. What else do I need to do so that the installation of Apache, MySQL, and PHP also know about xdebug?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Debugging?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 19, 2013 01:45AM

XDEBUG is a PHP debugger, not an apache or mysql debugger

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: rkevinburton (---.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com)
Date: December 19, 2013 01:55AM

But Apache runs PHP and when I go to a page specified by <something>.php I want to be able to break or otherwise debug <something>.php.

Date: December 19, 2013 10:38AM

Yes thats what XDEBUG does for you. But you are debugging as you say the PHP code and not the Apache or MySQL.

WAMP comes with XDEBUG installed and configured in the php.ini

All you need to do is tell PHPStorm its there to use it. I dont use phpstorm but it works great with Eclipse PDT so I dont see why it should not work with PHPStorm.
You set a breakpoint and then run in debug mode and you can set through your php code and view variable etc just like you would in any other IDE debug system

I am not quite sure what you are asking here,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: rkevinburton (---.sonicfoundry.com)
Date: December 19, 2013 02:54PM

For PHPStorm you have to enable debugging in the browser and add the following lines to php.ini:

[Xdebug]
zend_extension=c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.7/ext/php_xdebug-2.2.3-5.5-vc11.dll
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000

The dll was downloaded from xdebug web site. You are saying that WAMP already has this? How is the php.ini different? How do I use it?

Date: December 19, 2013 06:06PM

Look at the \wamp\bin\php\php5.4.16\zend_ext folder XDEBUG is in there

Then look at the \wamp\bin\php\php5,4.16/phpForApache.ini right down at the bottom of the ini file.

You use it by telling PHPStorm that when you run your code in debug mode that it is there and on port 9000 I believe. That is if it is anything like Eclipse PDT.
It is up to your IDE to send a querystring to activate the communication between your IDE and XDEBUG.

Posted by: clod (---.ava.net.ua)
Date: January 08, 2014 03:40PM

I prefer to use Codelobster PHP Edition
It has great free PHP debugger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.