uninstall wamp
Posted by: cakky (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 09, 2013 11:52PM

Hi,

I would like to uninstall wamp temporarily so that I could try out another program(Windows web development environment) that is similar to wamp and with a lower php version(that program will also use "http:// localhost" and thats why i need to uninstal wamp first ). I am planning to use wamp again as I ve saved all of the websites on wamp, so my question is, will I lose any data when I uninstall wamp? will I have problems running my websites that are saved on wamp after i reinstall wamp? do I need to back up wamp?(if so, what do i need to back up?) I am asking because i am worried that I might lose the databases and stuff and couldn't get my websites running again on wamp.

Thanks,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 12:10AM by cakky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: uninstall wamp
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 10, 2013 04:24PM

Hello cakky,

You dont actually need to uninstall WAMPServer.

You can instead just remove the 2 services Apache and MySQL that it installs.

Do this to remove services

left click wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service -> Remove Service
left click wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Service -> Remove Service

Leave the wamp folder where it is its just data now

When you want to use wamp again do the reverse

left click wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service -> Install Service
left click wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Service -> Install Service

Also if you need a different version of PHP WAMP allows you to have an unlimited number of versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP installed. You then just switch between the versions you want to use for a specific project.
Try
left click wampmanager icon -> PHP -> Version - Get more

This should throw you to the WAMPServer website where you can download various versions of PHP from the ADDONS links on the page.
If they dont have the version you want, you can also do this process manually if you feel up to it. If you want to try this I can send you a HowTO install PHP versions manually tutorial I wrote.

Not all PHP's run with all Apache'2 so depending on what you are currently running and what you want to run you may also have to download andother version of Apache, also available using the 'Get more' link under the Apache menu. And again if the version you want is not there I can send yo a HOWTO on installing Apache into wamp manually as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: uninstall wamp
Posted by: cakky (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 11, 2013 06:09PM

Thank you very much for your detailed answer! Its really helpful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.