Download page weirdness...
Posted by: oddible (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: November 30, 2013 12:24AM

So when I try to download any version I get the popup about the C++ redistributable but the only download link to the actual file is at the end of a long paragraph in French. Am I downloading the Francophone version or the English version? Why put the link at the end of a long French paragraph? Very confusing UX.

Is this the English version?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2013 12:29AM by oddible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Download page weirdness...
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 30, 2013 09:51AM

Hi,

> Why put the link at the end of a long French paragraph? Very confusing UX.

Because these explanations have begun to be written long time ago, time of WAMP5. They have been modified several times to be "upgraded".
Many other messages refer to the numbering of explanations and I do not want to change the numbering. The obligation to update the VC package arrived later and took the last number (20).
At the beginning of explanations, it is noted:

« Ne vous arrêter pas au premier problème rencontré. Corrigez-le et continuez toutes les autres vérifications ; elles ne peuvent pas être dans un ordre immuable ; il se peut que l'application du point 20, par exemple, corrige une erreur rencontrée avec un point précédent. »

« Do not stop at the first problem. Fix it and keep all other checks, they can not be in a fixed order, it may be that the application of section 20, for example, corrects an error with a previous point. »

I try to help, do not fool yourself target and stop "shoot the piano player" if the music is bad, the pianist is not there for nothing.
For complaints, it is here: [www.alterway.fr]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2013 03:08PM by Otomatic.

Re: Download page weirdness...
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 01, 2013 03:08PM

Please make sure you have the latest version of all of these Microsoft C++ Redistributable runtime libraries.

The 2008 Redist is used by wampmanager
The 2010 Redist is used by some versions of Apache ( depending on compiler used )
The 2012 Redist is used by some versions of Apache ( depending on compiler used )

FOR WAMP 32bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]

If you are using WampServer 2.4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 [www.microsoft.com]
And select vcredist_x86.exe

FOR WAMP 64bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) [www.microsoft.com]
Yes you need the x86 Package regardless
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]
If you are using WampServer 2.4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 [www.microsoft.com]
And select vcredist_x64.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.