Extremely slow response loading web page
Posted by: hedera (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 21, 2013 12:49AM

I have Wampserver 2.2 64 bit installed on Win7Pro 64 bit on my laptop. The localhost page comes right up. phpMyAdmin comes right up and I can manipulate the database. But I can't load the front page of the web site I'm trying to build. The site is a copy of a Joomla 1.5 site which is working in production. I copied the files over and installed the database into a database I created with the same name and password. I've since changed the database password (and updated cofiguration.php) but it didn't help. I'm not talking 2-3 seconds delay in loading - I see 3-5 MINUTES to load a page, and when the site page comes up it is blank. I've been searching all over the internet and have tried the following:

My hosts file looks like this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost // some people feel that IPv6 causes the slow load problem
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

In httpd.conf, EnableMMAP and EnableSENDFILE are ON.
In php.ini, realpath_cache_size is uncommented and set to 4m (was 16k).
In php.ini, I doubled RAM memory from 128M to 256M (laptop has 8Gcool smiley.

It still takes 3-5 minutes to load the site and then the page is blank. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

hedera
=======
Nature bats last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Extremely slow response loading web page
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: November 21, 2013 01:12AM

You wrote

My hosts file looks like this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost // some people feel that IPv6 causes the slow load problem
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

I dont know if this is the actual problem but this line is at best not required and at worst a circle.

remove
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

Re: Extremely slow response loading web page
Posted by: hedera (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 25, 2013 11:10PM

I've removed that statement from the hosts file with no visible effect on page loading. The stop watch running on my current try at loading this page just passed 3 minutes 25 seconds. The page finally loaded some time after 5 minutes.

As best I can tell, my configuration.php is correct and my database is correct.

I should probably say that because I have IIS 7.5 also hosting test web sites on this laptop, Apache in WampServer listens on port 8080. The logs show it IS listening on port 8080. Can this be part of the problem? Under my WampServer 2 install, localhost:8080 loaded slowly (maybe 30 seconds) but not this slowly - it took almost 6 minutes to load.

And when the site finally loads, the page is blank. I'd take that to the Joomla forum but I have to use their program to format my query and it also takes 5 minutes to load.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.