WAMP - Waiting for localhost
Posted by: goble (196.20.195.---)
Date: October 17, 2013 11:57AM

Hi Team,

Firstly is it possible to have the configuration files that you have amended in your post "Wampserver 2.4 What to do after Installing" ?

It seems that there are so much amendments that it become difficult for a common immortal like me to do all that... ;-)

Secondly, I have read quite a lot about why wamp slows down sometimes but the answers couldn't apply to my situation. My issue is that both Firefox (24.0) and IE (10.0.10) says : waiting for localhost and it could take several minutes sometimes and without changing anything at some point of time it just works great, page loads within milliseconds. Am running Win 7 Pro 64 with Wampserver2.4-x64 and browsing on the same machine.

1. I have disable realtime scan of Antivirus, disable the antivirus or add an exclusion for the www folder but no change. AntiVirus is MS Essentials
2. Like I've said issue it with both IE and Firefox. Firefox only contains Firebug. No other add-ons on these 2 browsers.
3. Notebook loaded with a brand new Windows 7 Pro 64 (with all patches), no junk software installed.
4. Restarting WAMP sometimes sort out the problem sometimes don't.
5. Firewall correctly configured to allow incoming connection on port 80.
6. The website am running on wamp is not looking for external links.

Having said that, I hope someone will have an idea to sort my issue and help other people that may be in the same situation as me.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP - Waiting for localhost
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: October 17, 2013 02:40PM

Is your site using a database?

If so you could try this:

Change the database connection to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

Not sure why this should improve performance I am afraid but but it does.

Posted by: goble (197.224.223.---)
Date: October 17, 2013 03:54PM

Many thanks for you reply,

don't think this has something to do with DB since when the issue occurs. I usually test a blank folder like [localhost] or [127.0.0.1]

and the same thing happens...

Normally I should get a page saying: Index of /folder

Date: October 17, 2013 04:06PM

Re: supplying the pre-edited files !! No afraid not.

Non of us actually work for the suppliers of WAMPServer, we just help out on here instead of making a contribution towards the upkeep.

See message here from Zed, he did it and learned quite a bit in the process, you may also benefit from the exercise.

Zeds comment : [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: goble (197.224.223.---)
Date: October 17, 2013 04:25PM

Many thanks for your mail,

Sure, like I said in my previous mail, it would be great to find the solution to this and by the way help other newbies like me.

In fact, Zed has encountered a different issue... Apache not starting up

In regards to my situation: All Services starts and keep running without any issue.... even when the problem occurs...

However in Windows Application Log, am now reading this:
TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].

Date: October 17, 2013 05:14PM

Thanks, forgot about that one. I will add that to the document in due course and get a Moderator to replace the sticky/

Posted by: goble (41.136.239.---)
Date: October 19, 2013 12:46PM

Hi all,

got the solution: I change my NIC IP to static (from dynamic) and tadaa!!

not a single problem since 2 days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.