WAMP IS GETTING ME CRAZY!!!
Posted by: Danro (---.201-252-93.telecom.net.ar)
Date: June 06, 2007 05:48PM

please help me please, i am getting an error after an error! now i can not load phpmyadmin , it says me something like msql extension could not load

wtf???????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP IS GETTING ME CRAZY!!!
Posted by: Tristram (---.bk6-dsl.surnet.cl)
Date: June 08, 2007 01:47AM

Hi.

I also was getting heaps of errors with WAMP. In the end I gave up, uninstalled the whole thing, and tried this other page:

[www.php-mysql-tutorial.com]

As a result I had Apache, php and MySQL installed and working withing about 2 hours. The fact it took 2 hours and not 20 minutes, was because I was installing the latest stable versions of all 3 softwares, and obviously the instructions are not completetly up to date. There are 1 or 2 things which aren´t quite clear in this guy´s instructions:

Apache installations was pretty easy, I just followed the instructions.

When it came to php, one thing which wasn´t quite clear to me was that he installs his php in a directory called php within Apache2. So the best thing to do is, after Apache is installed, create a subdirectory withing Apache2 called Php, and empty the php .zip file into that.

When he speaks of moving the php4ts.dll file, obviously you have to move the php5ts.dll file, as you´ll be installing php 5, not 4. Another thing was I never found the sapi subdirectory I was supposed to move the php5ts.dll file to, so I followed the alternative suggestion, which is to put it in Apache2\bin.

Right. Given that modification, the 3 lines you have to add into http.conf, at any rate in my case, read like this:

LoadModule php5_module php/php5apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

After that, I had to install MySQL. As far as I remember, it was actually simpler than this guy makes out, because if you want it to run as a service there is some box you tick, it the installer does it for you.

Well, that´s all I can remember. I think this guy´s page is a lot better than WAMP, as you´ll be getting the latest stable versions of everything.

Good luck.

Tristram

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 08, 2007 04:41AM

no Tristram, Danro just needs to enable the mysql extension in the php.ini file

open c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

find:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

remove the simicolon in front to enable it:
extension=php_mysql.dll

save the file and restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 08, 2007 10:35PM

He he... he he... ;-)

Tristram, if you install everything separately, you should try php6 and mysql6 instead; even using wamp, you still able to upgrade php5 to php6 and mysql5 to mysql6. Just my 2 cents.

Have fun,

[JLBN.net]

Post Edited (06-09-07 01:42)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Tristram (---.bk6-dsl.surnet.cl)
Date: June 11, 2007 05:08AM

Hi yfastud,

Sure, you´re right, and to a newby like me, php4 and php6 would look the same anyway, and the same goes for MySQL.

Also, I don´t want to belittle the work you guys do - I´m sure it´s great for a lot of people.

My point really is, I found the instructions in this other page I mentioned above easier to follow. When I was trying to install WAMP, I followed the instructions in CyberSpacium´s manual as closely as I could, but I got stuck at the point it tells you to use phpMyAdmin: I got a 403 error everytime I tried to open it. I looked through all the blogs carefully, as a lot of other people seemed to be having the same trouble, but couldn´t find anything that worked for me. I bet the answer was really simple, but I never found it...

Take care,

Tristram

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.