Appache not starting
Posted by: ecptavares (---.res-com.wayinternet.com.br)
Date: June 08, 2007 02:12AM

Hi!
I have just installed wamp 1.7.2 and I cant access phpadmin because appache server can not be started Service especif error code 1.

what should I do?

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Appache not starting
Posted by: minniemouse (193.243.131.---)
Date: June 09, 2007 12:01AM

I am having a similar problem. I have had the apache and mysql services running today but after shutting down my laptop and starting it again I can no longer start the Apache service. I do not get any errors it just doesn't start. I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. Can someone please help ?

Minnie

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 09, 2007 01:55AM

do a clean install.

uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp directory, restart pc, install wamp again.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 09, 2007 02:11AM

Let me guess. You guys must use windows vista, and didn't have the proper setup, so your server is blocked after restart windows.

This is just a very small issue, but our baby "Pig" is about to say hello to the world, so we're a little busy now, so hope somebody else will help you guys out.

Good luck,

[JLBN.net]

Posted by: minniemouse (193.243.131.---)
Date: June 09, 2007 12:27PM

I have done a clean install of wamp5 but this has made no difference. I am still unable to start the Apache service. I am running this locally and using XP.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 09, 2007 06:37PM

test port 80. make sure another program like iis or skype is not running. or another version of apache.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.