WAMP stopped working | can't start apache (0xc000007b) | port 80 is unused | skype, etc. is off
Posted by: wonderland (84.237.177.---)
Date: July 20, 2013 06:44PM

Hello,

For the past few hours I tried to solve this problem, I googled everything I could think off. But I still can't get WAMP to work.

It actually did work for a long time before, I don't understand what has happened.

All information I could think of:
1. OS - Windows 7 x64

2. I can start wamp, but icons stays orange (which I understand meand that apache isn't starting)

3. When I test port 80 - Your port 80 is not actually used

4. SKype and other similar software os of

5. I have uninstalled Antivirus

6. I tried disabling firewall all together

7. When I try to start Apache manually - Could not execute menu item (internal error)

8. When I try to uninstall apache - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

9. When I try to install apache - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

10. When I try to start apache through windows services (wamppapache) - Windows could not start the wampapache service on Local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

I tried many other things but nothing has helped at the moment.

I haven't tried reinstalling since I'm afraid to loose my sites.

Could you please suggest anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP stopped working | can't start apache (0xc000007b) | port 80 is unused | skype, etc. is off
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2013 06:46PM

Get teamviewer and ill take a look but not much to go on with out trouble shooting it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: WAMP stopped working | can't start apache (0xc000007b) | port 80 is unused | skype, etc. is off
Date: July 20, 2013 10:06PM

Thanks for looking into this Steve!

I finished chkdsk and ran Malwarebytes anti-malware, it didn't return any bad results.

Unfortunately result is still the same sad smiley

Is there something else I could do? Maybe I should re-install wamp?

Date: July 21, 2013 01:31AM

I did another chkdsk and got "volume is clean" in result

Date: July 21, 2013 11:29AM

I just installed wamp 32bit to another drive - D:. I could start it from there.

Then closed wamp in drive D: and tried reopening the one in drive C: (broken wamp), this wamp also now opened, but didn't show any projects in localhost, I guess because it was looking in localhost of D: wamp (but why?)

I then removed wamp from D: and reopened broken wamp from C: now apache has started, but wamp icon is still red and I can't access localhost. But it's something new atlest.

I hope that maybe reinstalling could help in this case?

Could I backup my data by:
1. Copying everything in www folder
2. Copying everything in wamp/bin/mysql/mqsql5.5.24/date

and copying these files over to new wamp?

as far as I know I'm not using InnoDB

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 22, 2013 10:57AM

When you installed on D: that install would have superseeded your previous install i.e. installed a new Apache and MySQL service from the new folders and removed the older ones.

You can copy your www folder to the new location without a problem.

You can also copy the C:\wamp/bin/mysql/mqsql5.5.24/date to the D: install as well according to this wamp/bin/mysql/mqsql5.5.24/date as all databases are arcitecture neutral.

Once that is all working dont forget to delete the old wamp folders set so you dont get confused later. Thast Delete not uninstall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.