php_zip.dll not found
Posted by: mozart66 (---.232.97.14-tataidc.co.in)
Date: July 20, 2013 05:18AM

Hi!

I am handicapped because when I clicked on php extension php_zip and re-started the WAMP server, it gave me the error message that php_zip.dll module not found (not loaded) When I had run phpINFO, I saw that my current WAMP server version is supporting ZIP extension (enabled). But the actual phh_zip.dll file is missing from the C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.3/ext/ directory!! I do not see anything in the php error log!!

My current version of WAMP server for Windows XP - 32 bit is WAMP 2.2.

Current PHP version is 5.4.3

Current MySQL version is 5.5.24

Current Apache version is 2.2.22

What do I do? Can I get just the php_zip.dll file mailed to me for the appropriate version of WAMP server? I do not wish to disturb the otherwise perfectly running WAMP server setup with a running project. Please help. I need php_zip.dll for writing the php code to put all the files in a folder into a zip file to be downloaded.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php_zip.dll not found
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2013 07:02AM

Php zip is now included in the core php build so you don't need an extension - it's on tr menu from an older version

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: php_zip.dll not found
Posted by: mozart66 (---.142.97.14-tataidc.co.in)
Date: July 20, 2013 08:29AM

Hi

Does that mean I should remove the tick mark against php_zip in the extensions list in the WAMP 2.2 server menu in the system tray? I had tried my PHP script without ticking this option first and if is already built-in with PHP 5.4.3 then I shouldn't have got an error on ZipArchive

To be precise I got the following error -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'ZipArchive' (T_STRING) in C:\wamp\www\databackup.php on line 264

Thanks!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! There indeed was a syntactical error in the script!! Sorry for all the trouble.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2013 09:32AM by mozart66.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.