Php errors - in Vista PC
Posted by: FuzMic (---.static.tpgi.com.au)
Date: July 12, 2013 02:03AM

Hi gurus

After the recent help from Steven & Chris, the Vista PC with wamp 2.22 now allow localhost to run the download web site but with the appended php errors. On another machine with XPWin.sp3 these errors don't appear, it only happen in this Vista PC. Look forward to your insight to difference to improve my learning curve. Waiting in Down Under. smiling smiley

Strict standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\wamp\www\IFH\plugins\system\jumirouter\jumirouter.php on line 20

Strict standards: Non-static method modGTranslateHelper::getParams() should not be called statically in C:\wamp\www\IFH\modules\mod_gtranslate\mod_gtranslate.php on line 13

Strict standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in C:\wamp\www\IFH\libraries\joomla\cache\controller\view.php on line 137

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\wamp\www\IFH\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 584

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 03:06AM by FuzMic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Php errors - in Vista PC
Date: July 12, 2013 03:22AM

Hi gurus

After reading Steven's sticky on MSVCR100.DLL, the lesson i learnt is:

Just copy this .dll into system32 will not work correctly. We MUST install ms VC++ 2010.

Once it is installed, the above errors disappeared PROVIDED in \bn\apache\apache2.2.22\bin\php.ini make changes

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT
display_errors = Off

This error setting is not required if php version used is 5.3.13. The above setting is from using php version 5.4.3. These errors appear has nothing to do with window versions.

Apparently changing to less restrictive error reporting is not the best practice, how to fix these errors. Will appreciate leads.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 05:53AM by FuzMic.

Re: Php errors - in Vista PC
Date: July 12, 2013 10:06AM

I am now in the process of fixing the php errors due to stricter error reporting in php v 5.43.

I guese this is not really the site to go into this.

But as a note to other visitors to this site: to fix these errors you can google and tinker to remove errors piece by piece based on the error prompt. Happy fixing!

PS
Not happy at all fixing. Fixing one thing something else pop up; moreover some fixing is not straight forward.

Worry: What will happen if a host upgrade its php and apply strict error reporting, won't many website get into problem. Any expert to enlighten me. HELP!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 11:55AM by FuzMic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.