Installing 64 and 32 bit version on same computer?
Posted by: achristouio (---.89-11-174.nextgentel.com)
Date: July 07, 2013 03:50PM

Is it possible to install both a 64 bit version of Wamp and 32 bit version on same computer without using VM?

I had (erroneously) installed the 64 bit version on my computer, but since I work with making computer programs using 32 bit vs. MySQL, I have either to deinstall Wamp 64 bit or add a new install using different ports for Apache and MySQL.

Just wondered if it has been done by others before just waisting lot of time that is deemed to faultI anyway.

I use Windows 7 64 bit version

Alf Christophersen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing 64 and 32 bit version on same computer?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2013 05:15PM

Yes it's possible but to run them at the same time requires some serious modification.

If you don't want to run both at the same time then u can go ahead and just install another copy in a new folder and use the menu to uninstall and reinstall the services. Ul need to do that each time to swap between them

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: July 07, 2013 06:23PM

Thx. I'll try to do that :-)

I also would most posibly also need to install different versions of MySQL since my Delphi versions seem to need that in order to make programs toward MySQL (using D2006 Pro and DXE2 Architect versions primarily, but also D2007 and D2010 is installed. Seems like DBXpress is 32 bit only :-(

But for my php code it seems to be ok.

For my MySQL bases it seem though to be problem with 64 bits version since the old table transported from my old XP computer using WAMP 32-bit version (2.1 I think) will not be opened under my 64-bits installation.

Alf Christophersen

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 07, 2013 06:30PM

Always export into SQL and reimport in the new version and it should work fine.

Mail me if u need any help modifying wamp

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: July 07, 2013 06:50PM

Thx. I'll do that.

But I also need to solve some problems with Delphi which is my main tool :-)

Thinking to try to use Datasnap server technology versus MySQL as an alternative to Oracle which I have run into some problems with in Datasnap.

Alf Christophersen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.