How to update php version on wampserver?
Posted by: liel (---.red.bezeqint.net)
Date: June 26, 2013 03:30PM

Hi,

I have wampserver2 installed with php version 5.3.10. How can I update the current php version installed to the latest version (without reinstalling wampserver)?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to update php version on wampserver?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 26, 2013 04:30PM

Have a read of this

[forum.wampserver.com]

Date: June 26, 2013 05:55PM

That is SUPER. Thanks!

I'm having couple of problems though...

1. Where should I find the VC6 or VC9 notations? How can I determine what compiled version I have?

2. When I download the php5.5.0 from php.net/downloads.php I have this hierarchy: [postimg.org]

3. And last - It's not a troubleshoot, but I wonder - in your post the php version is 5.5.11 and in php.net the latest version is 5.5.0. How come?

I've tried installing the new version regardless of the above and as expected - it didn't work smiling smiley

Date: June 26, 2013 06:39PM

Q3. Its based on PHP5.5.11 because it's a typo, it should have read 5.4.11 and that was what I was doing when I wrote these notes for myself.

Q2 You downloaded the source and not the pre-built version

Q3. Now you need VC11 built suites

You have more to do that i/you expected.

If you want to install PHP 5.5.0 you also have to install a new Apache as well.
php 5.5.0 is compiles and linked with VC11 so it has to be run with an Apache that was compiled and linked using VC11

Also stick with the 32 bit versions of Apache and PHP as the 64 bit PHP is still experimental as of (26/June/2013)

You will need to download
PHP version 'VC11 x86 Thread Safe (2013-Jun-20 02:51:53)' [windows.php.net]

Apache version 'Apache 2.4.4 Win32 - Same as the Win32 VC10', but build with VC11 x86 [www.apachelounge.com]

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO ALL THIS??

Date: June 27, 2013 12:37PM

Got it. Thank you SO MUCH. You helped me a lot with all the explanations and references.

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO ALL THIS??"

Well, I'm a newbie starting to work on a new project and wanted everything to be new and updated, but I don't think I *really need* it now. It is taking quite some time already, so I guess I'll continue working with the php5.3.10 version, and update to a newer version in the future. But this update will need to happen eventually, and when the time comes, I'll refer back to this thread!

Thanks again smiling smiley

Date: June 27, 2013 04:55PM

Ok ,

I may have a go at it myself and write a tutorial as I go. I will send it to you when I get it done, but no promises on a time frame.

Date: June 29, 2013 12:17AM

That would be great if you do - Would be very happy to see it at any time frame. Thanks! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.