I can't connect to WampServer using my external IP
Posted by: Minecraft1415926 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2013 12:10AM

I cannot connect to my WampServer using my external IP address. I am able to connect fine using localhost and 127.0.0.1 and using my computers private IPv4 (192.168.*.*) address. I installed WampServer and the only changes I made to the settings were changing the port to 8080 in httpd.conf. I've been reading all over the internet for a solution but couldn't find one. If my WampServer can't be accessed from my external IP address, no one but me can see the site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't connect to WampServer using my external IP
Posted by: showstopper (---.dynamic.tstt.net.tt)
Date: June 23, 2013 03:01AM

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 23, 2013 04:14PM

Check that yo uhave Port Forwarded 8080 on your router to the IP address of the PC running WAMP

Also check that you have 'Put Online' Wamp, using the wampmanager->Put Online

Posted by: Minecraft1415926 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 23, 2013 04:20PM

I have port forwarded port 8080 on my router. I know that my port forwarding works because I have port forwarded an FTP server using FileZilla and I can connect to it using my external IP. I did make sure WampServer was online and tried using my external IP. I also tried using a DNS I got for free and neither worked D:

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 23, 2013 04:25PM

Are you trying to use your external IP Address from inside you lical network, if do that probably wont work.
To make that work you need Loopback turned on on your router, and most dont even have Looback available.

Go next door and test access via your external ip, thats the only valid test.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.