PHP Version Mismatch - wampservier.ini
Posted by: ExTexan (---.pool-101-108.dynamic.totbb.net)
Date: June 10, 2013 06:02AM

I'm running WAMP 2.2. I have 3 versions of PHP installed: 5.3.8 - 5.3.13 - 5.4.3. The version i'm *trying* to run is 5.3.13.

While updating modules in Drupal, I found that the curl extension was not enabled. When I enabled it, I started getting the "side-by-side configuration is incorrect" error loading php_curl.dll. The strange part about that is, the PHP version in the path in the error messages is 5.4.3.

If I click on the wampserver icon in the taskbar, I see the active version of PHP is 5.3.13. If I view the PHP extensions list, curl is checked (enabled). On wampserver home page (localhost), it shows PHP version 5.3.13 as well, but curl is not showing under "Loaded Extensions". If I click phpinfo(), curl DOES show as enabled, and the PHP version is 5.3.13.

I then looked in the wampserver.ini file... for every PHP path, it is using php5.4.3. I think this file is created (overwritten) each time wampserver loads, so I didn't bother changing those paths, but I can't find where it is getting the wrong PHP version.

I've tried selecting the other two versions of PHP, to see if that would clear the problem and allow me to then switch back to 5.3.13 - but I get the "side-by-side" error each time, so it never actually changes the PHP version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP Version Mismatch - wampservier.ini
Date: June 10, 2013 06:13AM

Update: I disabled curl (I had to edit phpforapache.ini to do so) and was finally able to change the PHP version.

I tried changing to all the available versions, ending up on the one I want - which is 5.3.13 - but the wampserver.ini still shows php5.4.3 in all paths.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: June 10, 2013 08:54AM

STOP EDITING THE INI FILE.

dont touch this file, it gets made everytime wamp starts.

edit the wampmanager.conf and change the versions there.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: June 10, 2013 01:28PM

wampmanager uses php scripts to do almost all of the menu functions shown by wamp manager.

It is using php5.4.3 because that was the base version that you installed when you installed wamp server. This is correct. wamps php cpde is coded against a specific version of PHP to ensure it will work. This will be the version of PHP that came with the original WampServer install, before you addon other php versions.

Look in wamp\bin\php there should be a file with the name like DO_NOT_DELETE5.4.3.txt and inside it will be a short explanation

This PHP version is used by WampServer 2.X in CLI mode.
If you delete it, WampServer 2.X won't work anymore.

Date: June 10, 2013 04:02PM

@steven and @Riggs... thanks for the replies. I guess my actual question got lost in my original post, because I was trying to explain the whole situation.

In a nutshell... why, when I have PHP5.3.13 selected, does the "side-by-side" error show that it is trying to load php_curl.dll from php5.4.3?

From what I've found in forums (notably, this one), the fix for the curl error is to download and copy updated DLL(s). I did that for 5.3.13 - then later for 5.4.3. Neither of those solutions made my error go away - but I suspect it's because I'm actually running 5.3.13 and it is trying to load the curl extension from the 5.4.3 folder(s).

I only got around the error by disabling curl, but eventually, I will need it for two projects I'm working on.

Date: June 10, 2013 04:05PM

If you are using the 64bit WAMP i.e. 64bit apache and php wamp did/does not come with the correct curl extension and you have to download a new one. Not if you are 32 bit.

Are you also switching Apache versions?

Date: June 10, 2013 04:37PM

I know, I read all the posts about the "side-by-side" error, and I downloaded the updated versions of the php_curl.dll... as I said, I did it first for 5.3.13 - but when I kept seeing php5.4.3 in the file path in the error message, I updated that one as well, even though I'm not really using that version.

I'm not switching Apache versions. I tried that once in all my attempts to fix this issue, but it didn't do any good. I'm currently using 2.2.22.

Date: June 10, 2013 04:53PM

When you downloaded the 64bit curl extension did you also check that you have the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll available.

Date: June 10, 2013 05:17PM

No, I haven't checked for those DLLs. I saw them mentioned in one post, but I don't think it gave the folder where they are supposed to be. Can you tell me where to check and/or where to DL from if I don't have them.

So those are 32-bit DLLs but are needed for the 64-bit wampserver on 64-bit machine?

And... I *still* don't understand why wampserver is trying to load the php5.4.3 version of the php_curl.dll. Any thoughts on that?

BTW, thanks for all your quick replies.

Date: June 10, 2013 06:07PM

32 does not denote they are 32 bit ( confusing I know )

They are used by the curl dll so you will have to find them somewhere on the web compiled 64bit and VC9.

I normally suggest people go to the 32bit WAMP and therefore Apache/PHP if they want to use Curl. Missing bits are not the fault of WAMP more a case that not everything is easy ( or has the resource) to convert from 32 to 64 bit and therefore some stuff is lagging availability wize!!! Thast not WAMP Servers fault, more the original developers of all these extensions.

If you go the route of looking for 64bit versions of these 2 dll's. Please post where you got them, a specific url would be great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 06:09PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: ExTexan (---.pool-180-180.dynamic.totbb.net)
Date: June 11, 2013 06:22AM

Ok, I'll post back if I find them. I really want to try to stay with 64-bit, but I'll take your suggestion and go back to 32-bit if I have to.

I'd still really like an answer as to why wampserver is trying to load the php5.4.3 version of the php_curl.dll. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Date: June 11, 2013 10:33AM

Check your php.ini, use the wamp manager menu to edit it.

Look for this config parameter, it tells php where to go for its extensions!

Does yours match the version

extension_dir = "d:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/"

Re: PHP Version Mismatch - wampserver.ini
Date: June 11, 2013 07:20PM

All the .ini files I found showed 5.3.13. Ignoring the other php versions, the files I looked at are:

C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\bin\php.ini
C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.13\php.ini
C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.13\phpForApache.ini

The only place I saw 5.4.3 is in wampmanager.conf, in the [phpCli] section (command line interface?).

The [php] section in that file showed 5.3.13 (in quotes) for phpVersion and 5.4.3 (no quotes) for phpLastKnown.

Posted by: ExTexan (---.com.la)
Date: June 16, 2013 03:28AM

@Riggs,

It seems to have fixed itself - sort of. I'm still getting the "can't load" error because I haven't had a good enough internet connection in the past few days to allow me to search for the other two DLLs you said I need. But at least the error now references 5.3.13, so that's a step in the right direction.

I'll try to remember to post back here if/when those other DLLs finally fix this issue.

Thanks for all your help.

Posted by: tomowa (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: June 25, 2013 05:41AM

Not the original topic, but in answer to CURL not working with the 64bit version, I found the answer here [www.anindya.com], which led to here for the file [www.mediafire.com].

The dll file you are looking for is the php_curl-5.3.13-VC9-x64. D/L the zipped file, unzip it and replace the exisiting C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.13\ext\php_curl.dll. Well rename the exisiting, then drop in the new one, just in case......

This is what I had to do, to get CURL to work, on my Windows 7 64 bit OS machine.

Date: June 26, 2013 06:40AM

@tomowa... thanks for that post. I had already tried that. It didn't fix the problem in my case. I'm still trying (time permitting) and will post back here if/when I find a solution.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.