error 404
Posted by: rbm4214 (190.98.106.---)
Date: April 01, 2013 07:07PM

HI

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION WAMPSERVER. THE ICON IS GREEN. I ASSUME THAT INSTALLATION WAS OK. BUT I CANNOT OPEN THE PHP INDEX. I GET NO RESPONSE AT ALL. SO I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT IF THE SERVICES ARE UP AND DONE THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE TUTORIAL AS TO THE LISTEN 80 TEST. THE TEST SHOWS LISTEN 80 INSTALLED. BUT NO REACTION WHEN I CLICKED THE LOCALHOST LINE IN THE GREEN INCON MENUE. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE FROM THE WEB THAT IHE SITE COULD NOT BE FOUND. ERROR 404. I WENT THRU THE TEST AS PER TUTORIAL AND NOTCED THIS AFTERNOON THAT " WOS WEB DAV.INTERFACE" WAS KEEPING LISTEN 80 OCCUPIED. WHAT IS IN IT?

COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE PROPER INSTRUCTIONS WHAT TO DO TO GET ACCESS TO LISTEN TO PORT 80 AND ALSO HOW I COULD OPEN THE 'PHP INDEX'. I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE PHP ADD ON APLLICABLE.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST SOTHAT I CAN START USING THE WAMP SERVER.
REGARDS

REINIER MONTESANT
REBEMON@SR.NET
SURINAM SOUTH AMERICA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error 404
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 02, 2013 11:34AM

Hi,

What version of Windows are you using please?

Date: April 02, 2013 06:45PM

windows 7

Date: April 02, 2013 08:30PM

in addition the following:
I am using windows 7-32 and have installed on my pc: teamviewer7, and a few cloud programs like nuance and gaaiho. I never used the latter one. I do have a few free progams that may use the internet like spinnerchief and the best spinner. I am not sure what these programs would do to port 80. do they use WOS WEBDAV. INTERFACE?

I thought you may want to know these details for your recommendation

thanks and regards

reinier montesant
suriname

Date: April 04, 2013 07:29PM

the above problem has been solved. the server is operating now. I found out from other sources.
I have put the first request in more than one location, not because I wanted immediate and preferential treatment. I was completely unfamiliar with your forum an thought that I had put the query in a wrong list ie one that was somebody else's. hence the reason for the other posting. sorry for that.

in any case thanks for the attention. no further action from your end is necessary at this time.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 05, 2013 10:17AM

Would you like to tell us what the solution was, it may help someone else.

Date: April 06, 2013 07:31PM

sure thing. I only changed the localhost from port 80 to port 8080, ie what i have read in quite a few notes on your forum. I did this also in the 2 lines in apace> host conf. where 80 (Listen 80) is being mentioned and of course saved the changes. then I opened the localhost:8080 and got the welcome page. that is it. nothing else. of course one should make sure that the icon is green and then one should click 'stop services' when going thru the above few steps. after that just click restart and go to the browser ( in my case explorer) and change the localhost to show 8080.

it worked in my case but of course someone else may have different issues. so don't blame me if it won't work in other cases.

hope at least that this will be of help

reinier montesant
in Dutch speaking Suriname in south america

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.