Conflict between working directory and localhost
Posted by: shumboom (151.225.54.---)
Date: March 25, 2013 05:03PM

I have just returned to using wampserver and discovered a strange anomaly. When re-installing wampserver I moved my default www directory to my E drive. I still had my old stuff on the C Drive. But when I open localhost it shows me my projects on the E drive yet when I open the www Directory from wampserver it shows me the C drive. It confused me a lot initially - is there a fix?

I am using wampserver 2.2 on windows 8 64 bit.

thanks,Shumit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Conflict between working directory and localhost
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 25, 2013 08:55PM

I am sorry, I am also confused.

You are going to have to be more specific.

Date: March 26, 2013 02:44PM

I used to have wampserver www directory on my C drive.

After a reinstall I placed the working directory in my E drive

But when I open up the www directory from the wampserver menu it opens up the C drive in File explorer

When I open localhost in my browser it shows the contents of the E drive.

I hope that is clearer

S

Posted by: peter23 (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 27, 2013 10:12AM

I understand what you're saying but also struggling correctly setting up so I may not be able to help but knowing how frustrating this is will try. I would think you still have either the httpd-vhosts.conf or httpd.conf set with C and not E. Open both files and do a search for C: if you find one change it to E: Remember what you did so you can change back if necessary. Don't forget to restart wamp once you make a change.
I could be totally wrong and apologise if I've stepped out of line :-)

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 27, 2013 10:55AM

If you actually installed wamp onto E: it should show you E\wamp\www when you use that menu link, so I assume you installed on C and then copied the folder structure to E:

Ok, assuming that, try this:

edit e:\wamp\wampmanager.conf

on line 6 there is a parameter like this
installDir = "c:/wamp"

Change it to
installDir = "e:/wamp"

Save it.

Then go to the wampmanager icon in the system tray and RIGHT-CLICK. This will show a menu with 'refresh' as one of the options. Click on refresh and wait 10 seconds. Try the 'www directory' link again, does it send you to the right place now??

Date: March 27, 2013 02:46PM

Hi

thanks for your replies but it was getting so weird that I decided to completely re-install wampserver again last night - on the C drive. All working fine now.

S

Posted by: zdy (27.17.16.---)
Date: March 28, 2013 03:59AM

Although untested, Eclipse should work fine on other OSes that support the same window system. For Win32: Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, and Server 2003; SWT HTML viewer requires Internet Explorer 5 (or higher). For GTK on other Linux systems: version 2.2.1 of the GTK+ widget toolkit and associated librares (GLib, Pango); SWT HTML viewer requires Mozilla 1.4GTK2. For Motif on other Linux systems: Open Motif 2.1 (included); SWT HTML viewer requires Mozilla 1.4GTK2.

An early access version of Eclipse is available for 64-bit Linux GTK. Testing has been limited to early access 64-bit J2SEs running on AMD64 processors.

SWT is also supported on the QNX Neutrino operating system, x86 processor, Photon window system, and IBM J9 VM version 2.0. Eclipse 3.0 on Windows or Linux can be used cross develop QNX applications.

Internationalization

The Eclipse Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the Eclipse SDK components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles.

Latin-1 locales are supported by the Eclipse SDK on all of the above operating environments; DBCS locales are supported by the Eclipse SDK on the Windows, GTK, and Motif window systems; BIDI locales are supported by the Eclipse SDK only on Windows operating environments.

The Eclipse SDK supports GB 18030, the new Chinese code page standard, on Windows XP and 2000, and Linux.

German and Japanese locales have been tested.

BIDI support

SWT fully supports BIDI on Windows (only). On Linux GTK, SWT supports entering and displaying BIDI text.
www.cusabio.com/s_monoclonal.html monoclonalantibody drugs
The Eclipse SDK is a development environment targeted at technical professionals - not an end user application. However, the Eclipse SDK tools will permit technical professionals who are working in English to build Hebrew/Arabic end user Java programs which are themselves not based on the Eclipse SDK. The BIDI support in the Eclipse SDK allows a Java programmer to work with BIDI strings, code comments, etc. but the Eclipse SDK itself is not designed to be localized for BIDI locales and its widget orientation can not be changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 04:00AM by zdy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.