unable to see website from internet, Forbidden You dont have permission to access / on this server
Posted by: Daremo (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 19, 2013 02:46AM

just updated from wampserver (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.3, win64) to wampserver (Apache 2.4.2, PHP 5.4.3, win64).

moved over Vhosts info at bottom of httpd.conf file from apache 2.2.22. local host works fine. When I put the website online and attempt to connect to it from the internet on a different machine I get

FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

How do I fix this?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: unable to see website from internet, Forbidden You dont have permission to access / on this server
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 19, 2013 03:38AM

Post one of the vhost entries so we can see what you have done.

Re: unable to see website from internet, Forbidden You dont have permission to access / on this server
Posted by: Daremo (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 19, 2013 05:38PM

Here is the entry

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/project2"
ServerName www.websitenamechanged.com
ServerAlias their.dnsname.com

# Other directives here

</VirtualHost>

Currently this site is live using Wampserver win64 with Apache 2.2.22. I did not build this, I am merely attempting to upgrade this for someone else.

I did implement a password in PHPmyadmin, so I have fixed that security hole. What else do I need to do to properly bring this website online and let them continue self-hosting it while minimizing their security risks?

Posted by: Ademar (---.netparaiso.com)
Date: March 20, 2013 01:14PM

Estou com problema de acessar o phpMyAdmin e não consigo abrir localhost no navegador. Recebo a mensagem:" Você não tem permissão para acessar este servidor". Erro 403
Qual é o problema?

Posted by: Daremo (---.ummhc.org)
Date: March 20, 2013 06:24PM

I posted one of the Vhost entries. Thoughts?

Date: March 20, 2013 06:42PM

Thoughts,

You probably cut the most useful part out

Date: March 20, 2013 07:42PM

Thanks... thats so very helpful.

Great support here... you just helped me decide NEVER to recommend this product to anyone for anything.

Date: March 21, 2013 10:34AM

Well if you would like some help then you have to provide some information to go on.

A vhost setup should have as part of it a <Directory></Directory> group i.e.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin riggsfolly@mymail.net
DocumentRoot "D:/websrc/www/project99"
ServerName project99.dev
ServerAlias www.project99.dev
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
<Directory "D:/websrc/www/project99">
AllowOverride All
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 192.168.1
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

As this is the section that controls the specific access rights for that vhost and the directories that it lives in it is quite possible that this is the section that has a problem, as you are being denied access, but I cannot tell that if you dont post the information, obfiscated of course, but not to the level of making it useless.

If you are really stuck and would like some one to one assistance, please install Team Viewer as that is the tool I use for desktop sharing. We can arrange a time that is mutually agreeable to connect up and I will have a proper look at your actual situation and get this running.
You would need to send me another private message with the ID and Password so I can get connected.

In reply yo your angry and unpleasant private message:
I am not a moderator. I have no links with Alter Way, so threatening to never recommend wamp is an empty threat.
I am not paid in any way for the help I offer on this forum, and neither is anybody else !!

I do so by way of thanking them for providing me with a very useful and flexible FREE delivery mechanism for Apache and MySQL, as that is basically all it is. If you do not posses the required knowledge in Apache or the desire to gain that necessary training, it does not help to take out your frustration on those that are willing to provide you that knowledge FREE of charge

I do this inbetween doing a days work as a web developer so if I or anybody else does not reply instantly its because I am busy earning MY daily crust.

Date: March 21, 2013 01:40PM

I was not sure of how much I should post from the conf file on a public form. This isnt a personal website of mine, but a business website that I am assisting someone with. Granted, I think they are insane for using a WAMP development stack to run a production server, but that's an argument for another day. Currently, I am merely trying to upgrade them to the most recent version of Wampserver.

I am quite familiar with teamviewer.

Lastly,

Your posting a great deal here as you apparently have a great deal of knowledge in this area. It gives the appearance of moderator status. As such, your reply telling me I cutout everything useful, was unhelpful and inflammatory to a degree. Additionally, intentionally bringing up the PM in the public thread is nothing but attempt at one-upmanship. As someone with the thousands of posts you have made here and probably other forums, I am quite certain you know this.

Date: March 21, 2013 03:35PM

I have to agree regarding using wamp as a production environment. I dont think it was every intended as anymore than a tool to help developers design and test sites locally on a PC.

However it does deliver the standard Apache and MySQL servers albeit on a windows platform and with the correct amount of Apache admin knowledge it should be possible to lock it down for a production environment just as it would be anywhere else.

Anyway, have you solved your issue ?

PS.

My reply was facetious at worst.

Date: March 21, 2013 04:34PM

I sent you a PM ( a nice one this time) tongue sticking out smiley

My apologies for the misunderstanding. The dangers of communication on the internet without feedback as to the tone of message....

For anyone following the thread, going to work offline with Riggs, but I will followup with a solution. Whatever that might be... smiling smiley

Posted by: Pinoy888 (---.brunet.bn)
Date: April 05, 2013 01:28PM

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all --> change this to Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

Date: April 05, 2013 04:04PM

++ DELETED ++
I missunderstood pinoy's message

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 04:06PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: osvaldo-emlinha.net (41.249.164.---)
Date: April 11, 2013 06:44PM

Edimar,

Também estava a ter o mesmo problema. Se as indicações do RiggsFolly (mais acima) nao derem certo, tenta aceder o servidor via o endereço "127.0.0.1" e não via "localhost". Funcionou para mim.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.