Wampserver cannot be started because php_mbstring.dll is missing
Posted by: Friksel (---.static.ziggozakelijk.nl)
Date: March 08, 2013 12:48PM

Hi there,

I want to have wampserver 2.2 installed on a Windows7 32b machine, but it says that the program cannot be started because of a missing php_mbstring.dll.

I've checked all php.ini files in the installation and all extension-dirs are setup correctly (even tried to strip the last / from the paths, but that doesn't help). All extensionpaths I found are alright.
The extension dir contains a php_mbstring.dll.

I'm trying to install this thing for hours now and searched all over the internet for a solution.

This is the file I have from wampserver.com:
wampserver2.2e-php5.4.3-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-32b.exe

The bad thing is, I had exactly the same problems during installation of wampserver on a windows7 64b machine before and I finally solved the problem on that machine, but it's a long time ago and I don't know how anymore.. sad smiley
The only thing I know is that is was something like a spellerror in an inifile or a wrong php_mbstring.dll or both...

Anybody? I hope somebody knows. This time I write down the solution and make 1000 copies of it winking smiley

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver cannot be started because php_mbstring.dll is missing
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 08, 2013 03:28PM

Just a thought!

Are you using exif as well, if so mbstring must be loaded before exif which means you need to change the order that the extension are entered in php.ini

Re: Wampserver cannot be started because php_mbstring.dll is missing
Posted by: Friksel (---.static.ziggozakelijk.nl)
Date: March 11, 2013 12:30PM

@RiggsFolly: Thanks for your quick response. I dont use exif...

Hopefully somebody's got the answer to this problem, can't seem to find a problem in the ini files and reïnstalls don't help either... sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.