orange online, not port 80. !HELP!
Posted by: suc1338 (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: March 04, 2013 02:54PM

hello everyone,

Today I encountered a serious problem with my WAMP server. Friday I shut down my laptop (&wamp server). But when I want to start it back up (today), It didnt go online at all to begin with. I searched on google but couldn't find an answer at all.
So i reinstalled WAMPserver, and it gloriously worked again. But I couldnt back up my PHPmyadmin because i couldn't enter the phpmyadmin site. It gave me a 2002 error ( Machine acces denied ). My localhost was working, but my sites weren't.
Also today I had to restart my WAMPserver while developping some sites, because it froze once an houre or something. Everytime when it froze I had to restart the wamp server and then it worked for an houre or so. But now when my sites froze and I tried to reboot the server again, now it doesnt go green anymore.

My work-arounds(no luck tho): I changed the port of apache, I tried several times to remove apache and MySQL, apache works fine I think. But when i try to restart/remove/reinstall I get some weird error with mysql:

I dont want to reinstall again and have my info wiped out again, it took me several houres to reproduce the data >.<'

If anyone would be glad to help me out, i would really appreciate it.

PS: I'm using PHP&TWIG on my localhost

EDIT: Apache log [i50.tinypic.com]
MySQL log [i48.tinypic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2013 03:01PM by suc1338.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: orange online, not port 80. !HELP!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 04, 2013 03:10PM

Ok, stop uninstalling and re-installing it wont help!!

You get this message when apache is not started and you attempt to make wampmanager do something that requires it to stop and restart Apache.

So I assume Apache is not starting properly.

What Colour is your wamp manager icon that sits in the system tray.
What OS are you using?
Is it 32 or 64 bit?
What wamp did you install?
Was it 32 or 64 bit?

Date: March 04, 2013 03:16PM

Ok i answered before you added the link for your apache error log.

You have installed wamp into Program Files. This is not recomended as bits of ot dont like the space in the directory name.
The install defaults to c:\wamp for a reason, and that the reason.
You can install it on any drive c/d/e/ etc but not in program files

Date: March 04, 2013 03:20PM

Then I wonder why was it working for 1 month now? Without any troubles. Bah I don't feel like reinstalling it into a different folder and losing my data again.

But when i reinstalled the program, I could work with it for about 3-4 houres again. Mehh I just want this to work, not a new instalation again ><. Isn't there anything I can retrieve my Phpmyadmin data?

>.<'

It's orange
Windows 8
64Bit
I installed : WAMPSERVER (64 BITS & APACHE 2.4) 2.2E

EDIT: I installed it in C:\ now, and its green again. I'm just wondering for how long...... If someone knows a solution, feel free to post it ._.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2013 03:24PM by suc1338.

Date: March 04, 2013 04:18PM

Copy your www folder from program files.

Copy all of mysql/mysqlx.y.z/data into the new mysql/mysqlx.y.z/data folder.

You should have your databases and you sites in the new install, and hopefully your mysql password and databases defined

Date: March 04, 2013 05:04PM

thank you very much RiggsFolly. I keep track of this thread incase the problems will return tomorrow or another day. Thanks for the help.

~cheers

Date: March 04, 2013 05:13PM

and it freezes again........... for god sake. So it had nothing to do with the directory. It is now endlessly waiting for local host all of a sudden, it totally occurs randomly and not always to the same page.

Atleast i can reboot the server now and .. red-orange-green, but I think after some crashes and restarts i have to reinstall again.... Why is this occuring now? I had not a single problem for over a month.

EDIT: 2minuts later... it crashes again :s...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.