Wampserver windows 8 doesn't turn green (tried literally everything!!)
Posted by: davidbonting (---.cm-4-1b.dynamic.ziggo.nl)
Date: February 21, 2013 10:04PM

SOLVED:
It was my firewall after all. Zone Alarm exit and snooze doesn't mean Zone Alarm is completely closed. You have to uninstall Zone Alarm and Wamp, reboot your pc and install wamp again. And find another firewall smiling smiley

Hello guys,
First of all sorry for my bad English. But I have a problem with Wampserver since I installed Windows 8. It doesn’t turn green anymore. And if I start Apache this error shows up:

(OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its acces
s permissions. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

I know how to use Google and believe it or not, I spent 10 hours in trying everything I could. From re-installing Wamp to changing things in my host file, it all doesn’t work.

I made a video, to show you that I did all these things. But the video doesn’t contain everything I tried (I forgot some things). But I will post all my tries here so someone else may use it.

In the video:
[www.youtube.com]
- Showing you that I got those Microsoft visual packages
- Re installing wamp
- I don’t have wide web publishing service windows running, and also ISS not
- I don’t have Skype installed
- Showing you the event viewer errors
- Disable all my firewalls and virus scanners
- Testing port 80 in wamp (nothing is using port 80) using netstat –aon (also nothing using port 80)
- Host file (127.0.0.1 and ::1 is uncommented)
- Using a different listening
- Xamp didn’t work either, same problem

Not in the video:
- A Windows Update with those packages
- Delete these 3 127.0.01 in host file
- Using different listening and also changing server name to localhost:8080 and go to the web address of localhost:8080
- Wamp put online ( could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] could not perform service action: service didn’t start)
- Restart all services, stop all services and start all services

And maybe if you suggest something I also tried but forget to write down.

So please does anyone know how to solve this problem? THANKS IN COMMON!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 03:07PM by davidbonting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver windows 8 doesn't turn green (tried literally everything!!)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2013 10:06PM

No time to watch videos, but if you want to get teamviewer, ill fix it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 21, 2013 10:08PM

SOLVED:
It was my firewall after all, Zone Alarm function: Snooze doesn't mean it is completely off. If you uninstall Zone Alarm it works!!

THANKS TO STEVEN!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2013 11:06PM by davidbonting.

Posted by: max_38 (151.66.192.---)
Date: March 08, 2013 10:17AM

Hi,
I'm having same kind of issue:
Got a brand new Hp desktop running W8, the only software I installed so far are Firefox, AVG, CCleaner and Zone Alarm.
I'm making sure that ZA is not running, (Not snooze, just not runnning).

What fails is the wampapache and wamp mysqld services to start,
when I launch the apache service the error is:
"Windows could not start the wampapache service on local computer, for more information review the System Event log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1."
when I launch the mysqld service the error is:
"Windows could not start the wammysqld service on local computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.."
As for Davidbonting, I've spent the last 2 days trying everything and following instructions on this forum as well as on the mysql and apache forums.. can't manage to find a solution.

First I tried a wamp Installation, with the errors as described above. uninstalled everything and cleaned. The I tried to install the components separately: PHP: OK, APACHE: could not manage to start the service, MYSQL: same error 1067. (error log for mysql gives the following: [ERROR] listen() on TCP/IP failed with error 0 )

uninstalled everything, tried wamp again.. same issues.

The actual situation is:
- I got those Microsoft visual packages
- Re installed wamp
- I don’t have wide web publishing service windows running, and also ISS not
- I don’t have Skype installed
- Port 80 is free as well as port 3306 (checked both from the wamp tool and from netstat command line)
- Event viewer errors does not give more specific info
- Disable all my firewalls (WINDOWS FIREWALL and ZONE ALARM not running)
- Host file changed (127.0.0.1 and ::1 is uncommented)
- Xamp didn’t work either, same problem
- Wamp status is online, when i try to put offline I have the following error:
( could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] could not perform service action: service didn’t start)
- Restart all services, stop all services and start all services does nothing.
Manually starting the services fails with the above errors.

I'm very confused and want to throw a punch at that W8 grinning smiley
any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Actually the wamp version is the one with : Apache 2.4.2, PHP5.4.3, MYSQL 5.5.24

Maxime

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 10:23AM by max_38.

Posted by: davidbonting (---.static.ziggozakelijk.nl)
Date: March 08, 2013 10:24AM

I'm on school right now, but you say "zone alarm noy running" there is no way you can stop zone alarm I found out. You really have to uninstall wamp and zoneslarm restart pc and install wamp (try comodo as firewall next time)

If this doesn't solve the problem after 6 hours i'm home and may could help you out.

Sorry for bad spelling and english (Ipod)
David

Date: March 08, 2013 10:36AM

Hi David,
first, many thanks for the quick reply. What I just right-click on the ZA icon and the click 'Exit'?
Anyway, I'll try as you said.
Thanks again I'll let you know .

Maxime

Date: March 08, 2013 03:00PM

Woah I can't f@#§£$ing believe it! It is now working..
Many many thanks for your help!
You suggest then using comodo as a fw? how good is it?
The weirdest thing is that on w7 machine zone alarm and wamp are working perfect together.. and i have the same versions of wamp and ZA on both machines.. so is it W8 related? and whichi is the faulty software? Apache and MySql or ZA?
Many thanks again for helping me out.
cheers.

Date: March 08, 2013 03:06PM

Hi,
I think you also have to thanks stevenmartin99 he told me that uninstalling zone alarm AND REBOOT would do the trick.

"Luckily" I'm not the only one with this problem. Because I can relate a 100% in your story. I also had Windows 7, Zone Alarm and even Skype, and yet no single problem. But with a "fresh" Windows 8 I suddenly had to change some host things and uninstall Zone Alarm.
I know allot about computers, but I don't know why this is a problem.

About Comodo, well it's the second best free firewall after Zone Alarm, so that's why I installed it. Well it slows down my pc a little, so I may gonna install another one. But I have to search a good one, if I find one I'll tell you smiling smiley

Have a nice day,
David

Posted by: nettech25 (---.196.neofast.net)
Date: April 03, 2013 01:09AM

I have a question for David and Maxime both, did you try running the port test in apache options?... there may be rules in ZA blocking port 80 from being used by WAMP, if this is the case adding an exception rule in ZA should fix the issue, first step though would be to left click the tray icon for WAMP, go to apache menu, highlight services menu and click on test port 80. doing this will tell you if the port utilized by WAMP is blocked, being used, or open, if it's being used the test should give some indication of possible programs using the port, if it's the firewall you should be able to allow access to port 80, and this should resolve the compatibility issues between ZA and WAMP

Date: April 03, 2013 01:53PM

davidbonting Wrote:
Testing port 80 in wamp (nothing is using port 80) using netstat –aon (also nothing using port 80)

Yes I tried that port. I even accepted Wamp and all the other software in ZA, but it still wasn't working. So you probably thinking like me: ZA wasn't the problem. But after uninstalling ZA it worked fine, weird...

wamp desktop icon
Posted by: johnruby (---.umts.vodacom.co.za)
Date: September 15, 2013 11:15AM

on windows 7 my wamp desktop icon disappears every time I restart my pc - I have been told wamp must be "launched" every time - does this mean I have to reinstall wamp from scratch every time ?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 15, 2013 01:23PM

John,

No you do not install WAMP everytime, Launch means, run the wampmanager from the desktop icon.
If you want Apache and MySQL it to start when the PC boots, you can also change the 'wampapache' and 'wampmysql' services from 'Manual' to 'Automatic'.

RE: The install on your Windows 8 PC.

Windows 8 seemd to come with IIS pre-installed and this is probably what is causing your problems. So you have the option, one is to Uninstall IIS and the other is to just disable the IIS and some other related services so they dont start and therefore capture port 80.

So to unistall IIS, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Click the 'Turn windows features on and off' link in the left hand menu.
Wait for the list to load and then find 'Internet Information Services'

Un check the check boxes for the following items ( you may not see all of them )

1. IIS
2. Web Deploy 2.0
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.

List of possible service names
http://blogs.technet.com/b/fort_sql/archive/2010/05/31/list-of-sql-server-service-names.aspx

Tutorial on how to find what ports are in use on your system and what app is using them
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bgroth/archive/2004/11/11/256190.aspx

Windows will then have a think for a while and then remove those applications, you will probably be asked to reboot to complete the uninstalls.
Reboot anyway when the uninstalls are complete.

Then try wamp again.

Alternativeley just disable it.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Find IIS in the list of services.
Left Click that line and select Properties
Change the 'Startup Type' to disabled.

You may need to tdo this to MS Sql Server Reporting as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.