local host links
Posted by: mrling (---.1scom.net)
Date: February 17, 2013 03:00AM

Recently I have migrated my WordPress installation to my local host using WAMP for the first time. Everthing seems to be working except the links, and I was wondering if this what should be happening. Basically, when I type "localhost/wordpress/", "localhost/about/", or "localhost/gallery/" into the firefox address bar, it brings me to the right page, but if I click on a link, it brings me to something like this: "[localhost.com]; and doesn't load the page. Should I leave it like this so as not to create a big problem when I export my localhost to my public html, or would it be a good idea to have the links working on localhost and how do I do this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: local host links
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: February 17, 2013 04:15PM

Moving a wordpress site is not as straight forward as copying the file and the databases to a new machine.

Its not the fault of WAMP. Wordpress stores the domain name in its database, also some addons will also do this so it can get quite complicated.

By moving from olddomain.com to localhost you have changed the domain name.

If you are lucky and the site is not to complex you can usually get away with looking through the wp_options mysql table in the option_value column and changing the rows with OLDDOMAIN to LOCALHOST.

Read this:-

[codex.wordpress.org]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.