Wamp server is not working
Posted by: Nanda (115.119.183.---)
Date: February 07, 2013 08:00AM

Sir, i have installed wampserver on desktop in my office and while i was installing it showed me MSCVR100.dll is missing and cannot be found and try to install. And i pressed ok and i got one more dialogue box for SMTP parameters and pressed ok. My wampicon is showing orange. I changed in http.confd for port 81 and even test that by going to wamp-> apache->service->test port 80. It is showing me
" your port 80 is actually used by
Information not available(might be skpe)
Press exit enter...

Even though i have not installed skype and not using also.

I used my browser(firefox) to go for localhost and it is showing IIS server, and i unticked the IIS fby going to control panel and did everything.

I am not able to fiure it out... Please find it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp server is not working
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 07, 2013 09:49AM

Ok so that means your system has Microsoft IIS installed, they are doing that on later versions of Windows for some reason. If you are not using it you can uninstall it, and if you need to install it again later, it comes as part of the standard OS so you wont need to do anything perticularly clever.

So go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Click the 'Turn windows features on and off' link in the left hand menu.
Wait for the list to load and then find 'Internet Information Services'

Un check the check boxes for the following items ( you may not see all of them )

1. IIS itself
2. Web Deploy 2.0
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.

List of possible service names
http://blogs.technet.com/b/fort_sql/archive/2010/05/31/list-of-sql-server-service-names.aspx

Windows will then have a think for a while and then remove those applications, you will probably be asked to reboot to complete the uninstalls.
Reboot anyway when the uninstalls are complete.

Then try wamp again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.