Wampserver refuses to accept different version of PhP /Apache
Posted by: manf1976 (---.10-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 04, 2013 06:18PM

Ive just installed wampserver 2.2, evereything seemed to go fine. Icon tunred green and all was good. I then tried to switch to a different version of PhP so i can match my webservers situation and this is where the problems have started. Fist i changed the php to version 5.2.2, this resulted in the icon staying orange. Ive tried looking at the error logs but nothing really made sence to me. I then looked up the php version again and noticed some incompatability issues with apache 2.2.22 so downloaded an earlier version of apache which should (according to the compatability list) have no issues at all. Still the same tihng. Icon is orange and obviously im not seeing localhost etc on my browser with apache not running correctly. when i switch my php and apache versions both back to stock icon tuns green adn all is nice and shiny again.

Can wampserver run different versions of php? more importantly can it run the version i need it to run.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver refuses to accept different version of PhP /Apache
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 04, 2013 09:42PM

Yes it can run various versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL.

However all 3 communities have been in the process of moving compilers from MSVC6 to MSVC9.

Therefore there are some unfortunate incommpatibilities that were not in the landscape when WAMP came up with this handy idea.

So your problem is probably due to one piece of software being compiled with VC6 and the other with VC9, needless to say they are therefore incompatible.

PHP 5.2.2 is now so very old it is likely that it is compiled with VC6, so you will have to go back to a version of Apache that was also compiled with VC6 I think the last version of Apache compiled with VC6 was 2.2.17. So if you download Apache 1.1.14 ( the nearest addon available from the ADDONS sourceforge) here:

[sourceforge.net]

You may be ok.

Posted by: manf1976 (---.10-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 05, 2013 02:40PM

That did the job perfectly. many thanks for your help

Posted by: vikram.saggu@mediaagility.in (---.140.202.90.STATIC-Delhi-vsnl.net.in)
Date: April 24, 2013 11:00AM

Hi,

I've a same issue like while switching php version from 5.4 to 5.3 from tray it do not goes green.

First i installed
WAMPSERVER (64 BITS & PHP 5.3) 2.2E
Apache 2.2.22 – Mysql 5.5.24 – PHP 5.3.13 XDebug 2.1.2 XDC 1.5 PhpMyadmin 3.4.10.1 SQLBuddy 1.3.3 webGrind 1.0

and then i downloaded the PHP Addon PHP 5.3.1. So in my case there is no need to install any other Apache addon becauase both php versions can run on Apache 2.2.22

What shall i do to fix this issue, please guide

Date: April 24, 2013 01:26PM

First work out which service is not starting wampapache or wampmysql.
Its probably Apache

Then look at either the apache error log or the mysql error log.

If nothing is reported in these logs then look at the windows event viewer in the Applications section to see if either is reporting problems there.

Posted by: vikram.saggu@mediaagility.in (---.140.202.90.STATIC-Delhi-vsnl.net.in)
Date: April 24, 2013 02:00PM

Hi,

Wamp apache did not logged anything but i found error under Windows event Viewer

The Apache service named

reported the following error: >>>
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 127 of D:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.22/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load D:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.1/php5apache2_2.dll into server: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

I am on Win8 64bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 02:14PM by vikram.saggu@mediaagility.in.

Date: April 24, 2013 03:45PM

Ok so you downloaded WAMPSERVER (64 BITS & PHP 5.3) 2.2E

Unfortunately all the addons are currently only 32 bit.

I suggest you uninstall wamp, and delete all the c:\wamp folder

Then install the 32 bit WAMP and try the download again.

The 32 bit is better for beginners anyway for a number of reasons even though you have a 64 bit OS you dont need the 64 bit wamp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.