Start Service Apache cannot find specified path
Posted by: Ninette (---.direct-adsl.nl)
Date: January 29, 2013 09:11AM

Hi,
Installed wamp and it was all working (although the Icon never turned white). Started to write a test with a javascript.js file. Tested it and the popup was not comming up. Thought that it was a browser problem (blocking popups). Went on creating a new folder in the www-folder, wrote a new index.php file and wanted to retest it. The browser didn't show the wamp-page anymore.
Tried a lot of things. Uninstalling, reinstalling, older version of wamp, removed skype. Now I'm working with the wampserver 2.2 on a Windows 7 starter platform. The apache service is not starting. Comes up with this message "Aestan Tray Menu - Could not execute menu item (internal error) <exception> Could not perform service action: Impossible trovare il percorso specificato". The last part is in italian which means cannot find specified path.
Do not know where to search further. Is the problem lying in the apache part (port 80 is available)? Is it the operating system that has been undressed too much (windows 7 Starter) or lies the problem in the javascript popup that didn't show up (seen that I had it all working before that)?

Hope someone can help me to get me back on track again....
Ninette

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Start Service Apache cannot find specified path
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2013 10:03AM

Hi I can help you at 1700 Italian time.

If you want to get Teamviewer and ill troubleshoot it for you

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Start Service Apache cannot find specified path
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 29, 2013 10:07AM

Have you checked that this DLL is installed on your system:

( VC++ 2008 x86 must also be installed as the WampServer menu uses libraries from it - it should be installed by default in most versions of Windows , just check Add/Remove programs to see if its listed)

Note:
Wampmanager goes GREEN is both Apache and MySQL services have started
goes ORANGE if one or other of those does not start
stays RED if both dont start or have not been started.

It sounds like you damaged the WAMP Home page with your initial javascript testing.

Suggest you Uninstall wamp, then manually remove the C:\wamp folder and all subfolders. This is because the uninstall will only remove files that it installed. So if you add files or edit existing files they are not removed by the uninstall and not replaced by the re-install.

Also never change anything in the C:\wamp\www folder. Create subfolders below that for your own work. These folders will then show up on the wamp homepage under the Heading 'Your Projects'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.