Green W but dead in water
Posted by: cover (---.nctv.com)
Date: January 26, 2013 10:56PM

WAMP was working great on my machine until I rebooted my W7-64 machine. Upon reboot, I noticed that It wasn't in the system tray so I found it and started WAMP up and tried restarting a time or two. Even though it's now green and in the system tray, localhost attempts to connect but comes back with a typical browser 'problem loading page, unable to connect' error messages. PHP log doesn't show anything and apache log doesn't appear abnormal. phpinfo is a no-go and phpmyadmin won't do anything. Any ideas on where to look? Curious that the icon would be green but not connectable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green W but dead in water
Date: January 26, 2013 11:17PM

answering my own question but hopefully it will help someone else. I changed my apache httpd.conf back to port 80 (from 8080) and after restarting services, it's back up and running.

Posted by: karthick-sk (117.193.213.---)
Date: January 27, 2013 07:08AM

did you try before with localhost:8080/

Date: January 27, 2013 07:19AM

Yeah I had 8080 on there when it failed and put it back to 80. When I installed WAMP, I moved to 8080 because there was a conflict in getting it running so I'll probably have to look for another port and hope that does it. It's running fine on 80 for now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.