localhost pings mothership?
Posted by: Galen777 (---.dsl.mweb.co.za)
Date: January 21, 2013 07:41AM

i ran WAMP2 (previous versions) 32bit on a previous win7 build (as well as XP sp3) with no issues. i'm now running win7 64bit and have two issues and would like to know if it's a WAMP2 issue or perhaps a windows issue. firstly, i can't get cURL to work in my Get Simple (http://get-simple.info/) CMS even though WAMP2 clearly shows the PHP module is active (and yes, the wamp icon is green).

the second issue is slightly more worrying. firstly, whenever i load my CMS, ESET tells me that WAMP2 is sending a request to the Apache servers and i can't get any further until i allow it (this only happens once in a session). and secondly, when i do a scriptname request (echo $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']winking smiley i get a google search.

i've checked my system32\etc\hosts files and all seems well there. my ISP is at a loss as to why 127.0.0.1 resolves to the internet and i cannot delve deeper into windows as i'm not a programmer, so i need help please. thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost pings mothership?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 21, 2013 10:28PM

If you are using the 64 bit WAMP i think one version got built with a VC6 curl dll instead of a VC9 dll.

Download this [www.mediafire.com] and replace the php_curl.dll in the ext folder with it.

As to problem 2 are you sure that your CMS is not checking in with the mothership!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.