phpmyadmin selection produces error 1045!
Posted by: ideprize (---.dhcp.hckr.nc.charter.com)
Date: January 17, 2013 08:16PM

New Wamp install; mysql root user has no password. When I attempt to open phpmyadmin I get the 1045 Mysql access error. I can access mysql directly from the DOS environment with no password. There is no other "my.ini" on the system. The config.inc.php file has the password as blank/null. Prior to phpmyadmin selection all services are running - the Wamp ICON is green. I got passed the "forbidden" issue by updating the httpd.conf file - are there any other "config files" I need to look at. I would appreciate some help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin selection produces error 1045!
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2013 08:20PM

clear your browser history maybe?

below and to the right or the error there is white button, you could press that either.

how did you fix the forbidden problem? i hop you didnt change Deny's to Allow's like everything on the web thinks is ok to do

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 17, 2013 08:56PM

Clearing the history did it!! As far as the fix on "forbidden" I had to change the listen 80 command in the httpd.conf file to listen 0.0.0.0:80 to set to ipv4 protocol. On the Browser setup I am using Chrome; is IE or Firefox MORE compatible with WAMP? Thanks for your help Steve - sometimes it is so simple and yet so far, far away!

Respectfully,
Gordon Haas

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 18, 2013 12:58PM

RE: is IE or Firefox more compatible with wamp

Gordon,

WAMP is not a server its a tool to install Apache, Mysql and PHP.

As Apache is the web server that runs millions of websites in the world..... need I go on

Date: January 18, 2013 04:05PM

Thanks for the feedback Riggs. Your comment about WAMP is indeed very helpful - I was extending its functionality to that of an IDE and perhaps that is not an accurate mapping. It was not Apache that I was concerned with for as you say it handles ALL Browsers. I guess what you are saying is WAMP's functional hooks are simply not that deep - Chrome and Apache work just fine! Again thanks for the head update! I am a seasoned programmer (have written compliers and real time OS's) but this web development is a whole new world. In other words, I am going to need ALL the help I can get! Thanks.

Respectfully,
Gordon Haaas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.