Can't see Local Host
Posted by: LisaWampNewbie (---.range109-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 14, 2013 02:18PM

Hi there, I've just installed Wamp server to my windows 7 and all went well. When I hit the icon in my tray I selected Local Host. I fully expected to see some kind of Local host page appear in my browser, or configuration or something... connected to Wamp that is..... Instead what appeared in my browser (ie9) was my old IIS page. I used to use this IIS test server when I was making a web site with microsoft Visual web developer. However, I now want to try dreamweaver so have installed Wamp/apache as my server, yet up comes my old IIS page... ? Was that supposed to happen? Now what? Thanks for any help or advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't see Local Host
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 14, 2013 02:54PM

Well you cannot have 2 web servers running on their default port number.

IIS has grabbed port 80 and therefore Apache cannot get it, I bet your wamp icon in the stsrem tray is ORANGE isnt it??

Either uninstall IIS or if you think you may need it again then just disable it in your services page.

Posted by: LisaWampNewbie (---.range109-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 19, 2013 12:22PM

Many thanks, that solved it. I disabled IIS. Although I do notice that I have to disable IIS every time I switch on my computer, not that I mind doing that, but I'm just commenting on that fact to remind others in the same situation as me.
Thank you for your help.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2013 03:36PM

I Dont think so...

your not disabling it if its running every time you start pc, your just stopping it.

you need to disable it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: kayserili38 (---.228.164.214.dynamic.ttnet.com.tr)
Date: January 21, 2013 11:36AM

Konu hakkında bilgi için teşekkürler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.