[RESOLVED] Forbidden Error
Posted by: johammer (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 30, 2012 07:36PM

Hi, I know there's a couple million of these here, but I've read through several other posts and none of them seem to solve the problem for me.

I have WAMP 2.2 running. After putting it online, I can access it from localhost, 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.5 (my local ip); However, this only works on the computer I have wamp running on. Trying 192.168.1.5 from another pc in my network returns "forbidden: you don't have permission to access "/page" on this server."

I should also mention that port 80 was blocked by something else, so I have been using port 8080 which I have forwarded my host pc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 10:38PM by johammer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forbidden Error
Posted by: scottkh (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: January 04, 2013 02:43AM

REMOVED

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 08:33PM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 04, 2013 12:30PM

Jo,

Scotts suggestion will only do what wamp does when you 'Put Online' so dont bother as it may mess up wamps ability to maintain that section when you 'Put Online' / 'Put Offline'.

I am guessing you were trying to use phpMyAdmin or one of the other apps that come with wamp, from your other PC. If that is the case then this is the solution.

edit c:\wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf

Add
Allow from 192.168.1
after the line that says 'Allow from 127.0.0.1'
eg

<Directory "d:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 192.168.1
</Directory>

This will allow access from any IP in the 192.168.1 subnet. You could also be more specific if you want and make the ip address the IP of the specific PC you want to allow access from eg 192.168.1.6

Access to these aliased apps is controlled seperatly from security for your actual developed web sites for obvious reasons. You would not want to give access to all your databases via phpMyAdmin just because you have given the world access to your website.

Also if you have 'Put Online' your server so other PC's in your network can see your development sites but dont want the whole internet to have access to your development sites just dont port forward your router, its not necessary if you just want other PC's on your internal network to have access.
If you do someone will find you and if you are not properly secure they will have great fun disrupting your work.

Its also a lot easier to use Apache from port 80, it would benefit you to find out what else is using port 80 and re-configure it so it does not use port 80 or uninstall it .

Try wampserver -> Apache -> Service -> Test port 80
that should tell you what is blocking port 80

Posted by: johammer (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2013 10:35PM

Thanks! actually I had my allow from statement under the wrong <directory> tag which was messing up the rest of the "allow" statements (or something like that). I took your suggestion and put allow from 192.168.1 in the httpd.conf file which now allows access to the files on the server from any network computer. Works great, thanks again!

JH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.