Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: [Solved] #2002 error
Posted by: agill407 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 28, 2014 02:14AM

@ RiggsFolly I sent you a pm. Hope this helps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 28, 2014 02:18AM

socket does nothing on windows.

Have you got TeamViewer? If so send me a Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD we can try a troublehoot session if you are quick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: agill407 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 28, 2014 02:21AM

Already sent you the logins. =)

Posted by: mattmatt (222.127.85.---)
Date: August 30, 2014 12:32PM

Can somebody troubleshoot my Xampp too? I also get this error

#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

Thank you!

Date: August 31, 2014 02:33PM

Matt,

Try the XAMPP help site [community.apachefriends.org]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: karthick (---.113.192.162.static-chennai.vsnl.net.in)
Date: September 09, 2014 10:42AM

use this link it will open ur mysql page but not the solution to fix the problem

[localhost]

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2014 10:52AM

Hi,

What problem ?

Please read and answer to: READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: asyraf (180.74.182.---)
Date: October 06, 2014 03:15PM

Hello steevenmartin99. I will apreciate your help against this Msql error #2002. I try to search for the solution but I still not found the best solution and the error still there.....HOPING smiling smiley

Posted by: asyraf (180.74.21.---)
Date: October 06, 2014 03:37PM

the wamp server icon still orange and it comes to the error #2002...I need help....please

Date: October 06, 2014 07:14PM

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one (or both ) of the services ( Apache(wampapache)/MySQL(wampmysqld) ) has not started properly.

If Apache is the service that is not running it is normally, but not always, because something else has captured port 80.

Now do,
Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service -> Test port 80
This will launch a command window and display some information about what, if anything is using port 80.

Whatever it is should be re-configured to not use port 80 or uninstalled if you are not using it.

If port 80 is not the problem look for errors in the appropriate error log ( use the wamp manager menus to view the error logs )

If these do not exists or show no errors then also check the Windows Event Viewer
Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
And look in the 'Windows Logs' -> Application' section accessed from the menu on the left of the dialog for error messages from Apache and or MySQL.

How to Configure SKYPE so it does not require port 80 or 443
( This does not appear to be necessary on recent versions i.e. after march 2014 )

Run SKYPE
then using the menus do this:
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection
Un-Check the checkbox next to 'Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incomming connections'
Now restart SKYPE for these changes to take effect.

If you are running Windows 8 SKYPE comes as a tiled app and this cannot ( as yet ) be configured in this way.
However if you uninstall the SKYPE app and install SKYPE in the old way, you can reconfigure it, and it works just as well.

How to Configure Team Viewer so it does not require port 80 or 443
Run TV
Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Press the Advanced Button -> Advanced Network Connections
Check the checkbox saying [ Dont use incomming port 80 (recommended for web servers only )

If the problem is not obvious then post the errors here

Posted by: eneilb (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 08, 2014 01:17AM

I am a complete newbie. I installed WAMPserver 2.5 and have been using a video tutorial to set up a Drupal installation. I am stuck at getting WAMPserver to a green light. Trying to access the page to setup a new database, but get the Error #2002 message. I've tried some fixes suggested on forum but nothing works. Have downloaded TeamViewer. Can you please help? Thank you.

Date: October 08, 2014 09:44AM

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one (or both ) of the services ( Apache(wampapache)/MySQL(wampmysqld) ) has not started properly.

If Apache is the service that is not running it is normally, but not always, because something else has captured port 80.

Now do,
Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service -> Test port 80
This will launch a command window and display some information about what, if anything is using port 80.

Whatever it is should be re-configured to not use port 80 or uninstalled if you are not using it.

If port 80 is not the problem look for errors in the appropriate error log ( use the wamp manager menus to view the error logs )

If these do not exists or show no errors then also check the Windows Event Viewer
Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
And look in the 'Windows Logs' -> Application' section accessed from the menu on the left of the dialog for error messages from Apache and or MySQL.

How to Configure SKYPE so it does not require port 80 or 443
( This does not appear to be necessary on recent versions i.e. after march 2014 )

Run SKYPE
then using the menus do this:
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection
Un-Check the checkbox next to 'Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incomming connections'
Now restart SKYPE for these changes to take effect.

If you are running Windows 8 SKYPE comes as a tiled app and this cannot ( as yet ) be configured in this way.
However if you uninstall the SKYPE app and install SKYPE in the old way, you can reconfigure it, and it works just as well.

How to Configure Team Viewer so it does not require port 80 or 443
Run TV
Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Press the Advanced Button -> Advanced Network Connections
Check the checkbox saying [ Dont use incomming port 80 (recommended for web servers only )

If the problem is not obvious then post the errors here

Posted by: eneilb (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 08, 2014 09:24PM

Thanks very much for your response. I've removed the Skype App (I'm on Win 8.1). No change. As for TeamViewer, my advanced settings don't have a "don't use port 80" option, so I'm stuck there. I tested port 80 in WAMPserver and it says only being used by Apache and PHP, so that's good news. Below is my error message:

[07-Oct-2014 20:08:32 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[07-Oct-2014 20:08:32 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

What's weird is that both dlls are in the right place and the PATH is set to see them. All very frustrating.

Date: October 09, 2014 01:21AM

Just do this.

wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> ( and click on the Apache version number )

This will cause Wampmanager to recreate the SYMLINKS in the apache/bin folder and all will be well again.

It is caused by a minor hiccup in the install process of WAMPServer 2.5

Posted by: shafeer (---.193.174.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: November 04, 2014 11:28AM

iam using xamp server ,

i previously installed wampserver ,

but it is uninstalled now ,

when i open phpmyadmin same error is being shown

please help me??

Date: November 04, 2014 11:50AM

The XAMPP forum is here [community.apachefriends.org]

Posted by: venkat1987 (---.113.203.146.static-hyderabad.vsnl.net.in)
Date: December 20, 2014 11:20AM

I have a problem:
Apache server is working fine but mysql doesn't work when opening phpmyadmin it gives me the following error/message:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

and i also changed the port numbers in httpd.conf and my.ini to avoid port conflicts but no use , again it shows same error

Any Help please?

Posted by: venkat1987 (---.113.203.194.static-hyderabad.vsnl.net.in)
Date: December 20, 2014 11:30AM

problem:
Apache server is working fine but mysql doesn't work when opening phpmyadmin it gives me the following error/message:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation

also changed port numbers of httpd.conf and my.ini but no use , it shows same error

please help me thankyou

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 20, 2014 02:23PM

Hi vankat,

Please andswer all these questions before asking a question [forum.wampserver.com]

Also please start your own thread and dont hijack someone elses.

Posted by: sbose01 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 11, 2015 10:22PM

Hi Steven,

I need help badly.

I have xampp already installed in my machine.

I also installed wamp and now am unable to start MySQL from wamp. [xampp and wamp are for different projects.]

MySQL from xampp runs.
MySQL from wamp does not.

I have tried all that you suggested in your previous posts.

Please help me out!

Pages: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.