Apache Won't Start - Was Working Before Now
Posted by: elogicmedia (---.static.qld.dsl.net.au)
Date: July 26, 2012 08:58AM

I have been using WAMP for the last few weeks now and everything has been great, this afternoon after I had been on WAMP for the last 6 or so hours one of the souce files I was working on came up with a permission denied when I tried to save it. I saved it as filename2.php in the same directory and rebooted my computer. The original file was gone and now since then I haven't been able to get Apache to start again.

I have checked the port, it's fine, MySQL is still running. I have tried a few different versions of Apache but all come up not working.

Any ideas? I am wondering if this is something to do with the permission issue above.

Wamp is installed in C:/wamp as the default.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 09:02AM by elogicmedia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Won't Start - Was Working Before Now
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 26, 2012 10:27AM

Windows does not get the same permission issues as unix, basically everybody can see everything as long as its not in your personal folders ( like My Documents etc). So unless you suddenly logged on as someone else that should not be the problem.

If apache does not start, it normally writes a couple of clues into the system log.
run eventvwr.msc from the start -> run or do start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

Give it a few seconds to load and present the log files.

Look in Windows Logs -> Application for messages from a source of "Apache Service"

If you cannot work out the reason for apache not starting paste a few messages in here.

Date: July 26, 2012 10:53AM

Thankyou for your reply.

The message for "Apache" is as follows:

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 115 of C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.4/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/php5apache2_2.dll into server: The Apache service named is not a valid Win32 application. .

Do you know what this issue might be?

I also noticed that if I switch back to apache 2.2 I don't get any error in the event viewer but I still have an orange light. Switching to 2.4 or 2.9 and I get the above (different lines of the conf file for different apache setups but basically the same error)

Thankyou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 11:24AM by elogicmedia.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:39AM

Well its telling you that the file php5apache2_2.dll is not a valid win32 dll.

Now that should not have changed if you have not been playing with those files so quite possibly that file has become corrupted.
A disk corruption could also explain your original file privilage problem as well.

You could try downloading that file from the php site and replaceng the current version.

Or maybe it would be simpler to:

save all the files in c:\wamp\www and below i.e. your website
backup all your databases
uninstall wamp
reinstall wamp.

Of course you will not be able to use phpMyAdmin to do the database backup.
If you are still able to start MySQL from the wamp manager try downloading MySQL Workbench (its free)
[dev.mysql.com]

Its a great tool for managing and querying mysql databases ( much better than phpMyAdmin )
Do the backup using that and then do the wamp uninstall and reinstall.

Date: July 26, 2012 11:42AM

Thanks, I actually just downloaded from the wamp site PHP 5.3.1 (currently have 5.3.1.3) and now I get green lights however within phpMyAdmin I get this:

The mysqli extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

I have checked the php.ini file and the right line is not commented out (from a search thread I found)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Date: July 26, 2012 11:44AM

Check your php_error.log for any clues
Also the apache error log
and then the event log again

Date: July 26, 2012 10:10PM

Thanks,

This is the errors in the apache error log, the php error log was clear.

One thing to note is I currently have php version 5.3.0 checked instead of the 5.3.13 as mentioned below.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_mbstring.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_gd2.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_mysql.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_mysqli.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_pdo_mysql.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/ext/php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

Date: July 26, 2012 11:15PM

I think I worked out the issue, the addons are for win32 while I was using 64bit.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and everything works again.

Thanks

Posted by: roadbike (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 19, 2012 02:51PM

elgicmedia,
What did you do to see the addons are for Win32? What exactly did you uninstall and reinstall? Your solution may work for me. I am new to the WAMP products so I need more detail to understand what you did.

Regards,

Posted by: Gulam (---.alshamil.net.ae)
Date: February 24, 2015 11:05AM

I downloaded the XAMPP But when i run this it will show error.

The error is see below and advice me what i have to do further.

1. Error when i run Apache:
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
2:03:32 PM [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
2:03:32 PM [Apache] or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Problem detected!
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Port 443 in use by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe" with PID 1628!
2:03:32 PM [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
2:03:32 PM [Apache] or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Attempting to start Apache app...

2.Filezila

2:04:13 PM [Apache] Installing service...
2:04:17 PM [Apache] There may be an error, return code: 193 -
2:04:17 PM [Apache] Service was NOT (un)installed!
2:04:17 PM [mysql] Status change detected: running
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] Problem detected!
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] Port 21 in use by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe"!
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] FileZilla WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] or reconfigure FileZilla and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] Attempting to start FileZilla app...

3. Tomcat:

2:04:21 PM [filezilla] Port 21 in use by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe"!
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] FileZilla WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] or reconfigure FileZilla and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
2:04:57 PM [Tomcat] Attempting to start Tomcat app...
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Tomcat Started/Stopped with errors, return code: 1
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Make sure you have Java JDK or JRE installed and the required ports are free
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Check the "/xampp/tomcat/logs" folder for more information

Looking forward hearing from you soon

Posted by: Gulam (---.alshamil.net.ae)
Date: February 24, 2015 11:06AM

I downloaded the XAMPP But when i run this it will show error.

The error is see below and advice me what i have to do further.

1. Error when i run Apache:
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Problem detected!
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Port 443 in use by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe" with PID 1628!
2:03:32 PM [Apache] Attempting to start Apache app...

2.Filezila

2:04:13 PM [Apache] Installing service...
2:04:17 PM [Apache] There may be an error, return code: 193 -
2:04:17 PM [Apache] Service was NOT (un)installed!
2:04:17 PM [mysql] Status change detected: running
2:04:21 PM [filezilla] Problem detected!

3. Tomcat:

2:04:57 PM [Tomcat] Attempting to start Tomcat app...
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Tomcat Started/Stopped with errors, return code: 1
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Make sure you have Java JDK or JRE installed and the required ports are free
2:05:06 PM [Tomcat] Check the "/xampp/tomcat/logs" folder for more information

Looking forward hearing from you soon

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 11:14AM

Hi Gulam,

I woudl try the forum for XAMPP, this is for WAMPServer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.