PHP MyAdmin does not allow login without password
Posted by: CodeRedd (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2012 10:00PM

Hey all,

I am new to WAMP Server--I just installed the 64-bit version of WAMPServer 2.2 on my Windows 7 64-bit machine, and I'm having trouble accessing phpMyAdmin and the MySQL console.

The problem:
-When attempting to login to phpMyAdmin at [localhost], when I attempt to use the default blank password with username root, I am told that: "Login without a password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)".

-I have examined the config.inc.php file and verified that the password and blank password lines are set as follows (direct copy):
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = TRUE;

-These lines are uncommented

-I have restarted all services as well as restarting the server from scratch, with no effect.

-I do not have Skype open (or any other program that has been listed as problematic)

Possibly related problem:
-When I attempt to login to phpMyAdmin as root using any non-blank password, I get the error: "#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server".

-Just to give it a shot, since I saw that the main localhost page is from the BitNami WAMPStack, I tried the BitNami standard password of 'bitnami', with the same effect as other nonblank passwords.

-I have not at any point accessed the MySQL db yet or configured it--everything is as it was on install.

-I have verified that I cannot login to the MySQL console either. Typing any password--blank, bitnami, or otherwise. The console immediately gives a loud beep and auto closes. I can see an error flash on the console as it is closing, which appears to be the #1045 error as described by others on this forum, but I can't verify the details to be sure because the window closes too fast.

-relevant my.ini data is as follows:
#password = your_password
port = 3306
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

-I did try using the password 'your_password', and the console gave the same effect as with other passwords.

-I've seen a ton of info on people encountering this problem after setting up root passwords and such through the MySQL console, but I haven't seen anything for people who can't access console and have not previously configured anything.

Changes I have made to the server:
-I changed the default port used in httpd.conf to 8080 instead of 80, as prior to that point the WAMP refused to go online (orange icon instead of green).

Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP MyAdmin does not allow login without password
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2012 10:05PM

do you wanna get teamviwer and ill take a look?

sounds a bit messy smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: CodeRedd (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2012 10:09PM

I've never used teamviewer before, so total noob question: do I put it on my comp or on the WAMP Server?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2012 10:15PM

on your pc from www.teamviewer.com

then PM me the ID and PASSWORD and ill troubleshoot it

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: aki99 (115.246.73.---)
Date: February 09, 2013 08:38AM

Even I am facing the same problem with phpmyadmin in wamp...
Initially I set a password for mysql through mysql console but that didnt let me to access my pages by giving #1045 error so I tried removing the password and by that i was able to remove the 1045 error but now i cant access my phpmyadmin to access my database.
please help.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 09, 2013 03:11PM

You need to tell phpMyAdmin that you have changed the password for the root userid.

Edit this file c:\wamp\apps\config.inc.php

You can just change
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
To
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

And add your password to
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '[Add Password Here]';

Or change it to look like this, and when you run phpMyAdmin the browser will throw a userid/password challenge dialog and you can enter both into that.
I prefer this way as I can use phpMyAdmin with any userid/password, rather than just 'root', which I normally remove from mysql anyway as it is such a well known attack vector.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['LogoutURL'] = 'http://localhost/';

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.