Unable to connect to localhost
Posted by: magap (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 06:58PM

Hello everyone!

I posted following problem 2 weeks ago and so far can't find any help.

I did search for this problem entire forum and the web but so far no help.
I'm new to Apache. Installed wamp package on win 7ultimate 32bit without any problem. Icon is green.
Skype is set to use anything but port 80 and 443. IIS not enabled. Netstat shows wampapache is listening on
port 80. I still tried to change conf to listen on different ports( i made changes in 2 places in config file) still same error. I set it back to port 80. No errors in error log and no records in access log. Can't find anything similar to my problem to resolve it.
Can someone Help, please.

Also when I test port 80 from wamp manager I get "Your port 80 is not actually used"
And please, someone who's familiar with apache error log. I don't see any errors in apache error log, but why last 2 lines in the err log completely identical. Maybe this can solve the problem.
Here complete log for the last start up.

[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) PHP/5.3.10 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Server built: Sep 10 2011 11:34:11
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Parent: Created child process 4292
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Child 4292: Child process is running
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Child 4292: Acquired the start mutex.
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Child 4292: Starting 64 worker threads.
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Child 4292: Starting thread to listen on port 80.
[Thu May 10 12:21:21 2012] [notice] Child 4292: Starting thread to listen on port 80.

I've also disabled firewall and put wamp exceptions in antivirus programs.

Is there anyone to help?

Posted by: dennis753 (---.42.163.15.douglasfast.net)
Date: May 11, 2012 08:41PM

New user so please forgive if I am asking a dumb question.
I just installed WAMP 32 on Win 7.
When I click on the icon (it's orange) in my tray and click then on localhost the browser appears but a 404 page not found error appears.
Did I miss something in set up?

Re: Unable to connect to localhost
Posted by: magap (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 12, 2012 01:31AM

I'm not a pro, just installed it myself.
If the icon is orange it means the server has a problem.
Check "apache error log" in apache services.

Posted by: Wayne Low (---.singnet.com.sg)
Date: May 12, 2012 05:52PM

1. i am using Window Vista Home Basic system

2. install Internet Information Service 7.0 based on Window Vista Home Basic System

3. Install WAMP Server 2.2a-x32
- after installation WAMP Server, firstly WAMP icon is orange color, then sloved it by

- To run WAMP Server parallel with IIS 7, we need to assign port 8080 to WAMP Server so that it runs on [localhost] and IIS 7 runs on [localhost.com]
To do this, click on WAMP Server icon on taskbar and go to Apache > httpd.conf
httpd.conf file will be opened. Change ‘Listen 80’ to ‘Listen 8080’ (As shown in the screenshot). Save and restart WAMP.
Now you can access WAMP Server access on [localhost]

- Now WAMP icon is green color, but i still unable to connect to localhost

4. Error message as follows:

Server Error in Application "Default Web Site"
HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

Description: The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.

Error Code: 0x80070002

Notification: MapRequestHandler

Module: IIS Web Core

Requested URL: [localhost]

Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot

Logon User: Anonymous

Logon Method: Anonymous

Handler: Not yet determined

Most likely causes:

* The file extension for the requested URL does not have a handler configured to process the request on the Web server.

What you can try:

* If the file extension does not have a handler associated with it, add a handler mapping for the extension.
* Verify that the handler associated with the file extension is properly installed and configured.
* Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

More Information... This error means that the Web server does not recognize the file extension of the requested resource. A module handler is not configured on the Web server for this extension. If the file extension being denied is required by the Web server, add the appropriate handler for the file extension.

Kindly please help me, Thanks a lot

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: May 12, 2012 06:02PM

???

Ur supposed to write

Http ://localhost:8080 in te browser

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.