Requesting Help Getting Started - Basic Database Access
Posted by: angus1000 (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: April 12, 2012 03:48AM

I've just installed WampServer on my PC. I thought I'd get started by just trying to create a simple database with a couple of columns of data which I could then access and retrieve via my web browser. Once I retrieve the values via mySQL query (through my web browser), I could then modify the values and write them back to the database. I think this might be a good place to start. Eventually I will need to access several GB of data in a mySQL database which I will display & manipulate in my browser - tables, forms, etc.

Everything will be running on WinXP SP3 with IE. I don’t plan on having my application hosted on a website so I will need to run everything on a single PC. This same PC is also the only PC that will need to access the database.

I have some experience with HTML and even less with PHP and mySQL. I really need some help getting walked through this, or at least a strong tutorial aligned with my effort. Any help & tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Angus

Re: Requesting Help Getting Started - Basic Database Access
Posted by: adiblu (---.64.216.104.dynamic.barak-online.net)
Date: April 12, 2012 09:46AM

I ask for help please

when i try to enter localhost the page is empty

what is the problem?

thank
adi

Re: Requesting Help Getting Started - Basic Database Access
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 12, 2012 12:31PM

angus,

This is really a site for helping people get WAMP up and running not a tutorial for making websites and databases.

For database How To run phpMyAdmin from wamp manager, bottm right of the first page is a link to the phpMyAdmin documentation, read it.

Do some google searches on php tutorials and mysql tutorials there are hundereds out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.