Apache event error 3299
Posted by: dragonflyfla (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 05:03PM

Hi Everyone:

I am also having problems getting apache to start. localhost is giving a 404. I have been reading recent posts here and the solutions are not working for me.

I quit skype, changed the extra config file etc. I am able to access an apache error event file - which gives me a 3299 error. I am unable to determine what this stands for. Also, I am able to get a green when I change the port to 8080.

I hope this is easy to fix!

Thanks,

Joy

PS - It was working yesterday! And when I went to start it this morning - no luck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache event error 3299
Posted by: AndyDeGroo (78.84.18.---)
Date: April 06, 2012 08:38PM

You should check if there is really no other process using port 80. It could be that Skype is still running in background.
Easiest way to do this is by using Sysinternals TCPview which can be downloaded from Microsofts site - [technet.microsoft.com].

I highly recommend getting Sysinternals Procexplorer as well which is mush more superior to default windows task manager.

Date: April 06, 2012 08:50PM

I ran the Apache port tester under services and it says that port 80 using Microsoft IIS 7.5. I am trying to figure out how to uninstall it or change it. I had previously uninstall the Express version of IIS so thought it was taken care. I reinstalled and uninstalled again...still no luck. I am not seeing any other verison nor does anything else pull up in a start-search.

When I run netstat -aon under local address the only 80 is PID 4. Under foreign address I have a PID 1612.
According to tasklist 1612 is coreServicesShell.exe. I have tracked this down to Trendsoftware. But that is not what apache port tester is saying....

Any ideas where I go from here??

Thanks,

Joy

Date: April 06, 2012 09:00PM

Check what process is PID 4. In my case (Win7x32) it is System.
I suspect that you have TrendMicro Titanium AV or Internet Security installed. coreServicesShell.exe must be running as a virus scanning proxy or something along those lines.
Check if you can disable web scan/shield of that program.

Date: April 06, 2012 09:31PM

I disabled it and still no luck. The PID 4 say System. And I check Skype again and it is not using port 80.

Is there anyway to change the port to something else? I believe you used to be able to pull up everything using a certain port under device manager. I haven't been able to find a way to do this with windows 7.

And why would it have worked for me last night when I set it up and not today? Weird.

Date: April 06, 2012 09:52PM

I don't quite understand what you mean by "pull up everything using a certain port under device manager", but you can open computer management console by right clicking the computer icon and selecting Manage option. Try looking in Service manager for something that might be running on port 80. And try checking what answer you can get from localhost:80 when you open it in your browser.

If everything fails maybe rebooting can help.

Changing port for Apache is as easy as setting Listen option in httpd.conf. But I suppose that you've tried that already.

Date: April 06, 2012 10:47PM

It is possible that a system service/driver is listening on port 80.
This could be of help to you: [superuser.com]

Date: April 07, 2012 12:19AM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for helping here. I looked for mysql and only had the wampmysql version. So I disabled it. It didn't work.

I came across this site and got it to work!

[www.devpit.net]

It goes into how to find what ports are being used on Windows7. I followed the directions but when I got to the part about right clicking it didn't pull up "disable." It gave me the option of uninstalling, which I didn't want to do and there was also the option of properties. I went into properties (HTTP) and "stop" the drivers and then rebooted. It didn't work.

So I went back to what ports were being used and one of them was system 4 IPv6 ARP. Under the device manager (follow website directions to get there), I found "remote access IPv6 ARP Driver," I stopped this but it didn't work (I didn't reboot.) Then I went back to HTTP and discovered it had reset after I rebooted so I stopped it again and then restarted WAMP. It WORKED! I got the green and no 404.

So I went back to remote access IPv6 ARP Driver and restarted it and tried it again and it didn't work. So having http and remote access IPv6 ARP Driver works for me.

Then I did a reboot to see what would happen and got a orange when I started all under WAMP.

I went back into the device manager and put a stop to HTTP and then tried it. It went green without going into remote access IPv6 ARP. Check my port usage through apache serve and it is saying apache and not the Microsoft server.

It works but seems like a work around instead of a fix. If anyone comes up with a way for a permanent solution would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Joy

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2012 06:49PM

add

bind-address=0.0.0.0

to the my.ini to solve this little bastard of an issue smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: April 07, 2012 07:50PM

Thanks Steven.

At the risk of sounding stupid....where do I find my.ini?

Joy

Date: April 07, 2012 07:53PM

left click wamp > mysql > my.ini

after [wampmysqld] add

bind-address=0.0.0.0

save and restart wamp

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: April 07, 2012 08:44PM

Thanks, I added the line but it didn't work. I am still orange and it is pulling the microsoft server vs. the apache server.

Date: April 07, 2012 09:09PM

can i take a look with teamviewer?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: April 07, 2012 10:31PM

I just sent you log on info to your gmail account. Thanks

Date: April 08, 2012 12:32AM

@stevenmartin99
He's actually having problem with Apache not MySQL, so modifying my.ini does nothing to solve it.

@dragonflyfla
If you are going to access your Apache from same computer it's running, you can add localhost IP address to Listen directive in httpd.conf:
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
or write your computers IP address in stead of 127.0.0.1, if you have static address and want to access apache from other machines.

Date: April 08, 2012 01:22AM

Thanks Andy, I gave it try and it didn't work.

Date: April 08, 2012 01:24AM

Have you tried checking what http response headers you get when you access localhost:80?
There could be a hint on what is running on port 80.

Another thing - if you don't absolutely need IPv6, disable it all together for your network connection.
In my experience, it creates more problems with network services than it adds.
Either way most ISPs still don't have IPv6 enabled and my router does not support it.

Google foo for "windows http driver blocking port 80" brings up another possible solution: [www.mikeplate.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 01:39AM by AndyDeGroo.

Date: April 08, 2012 08:17AM

i was respondinf to the 5th post about mysql.

sorry i can teamviewer now if your still free

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: phil_c64 (---.as13285.net)
Date: November 01, 2012 04:51PM

I've been having the same problem. Searched the log file for the error number which led me to here.

In my case it was avast web shield operating on port 80. Settings > troubleshooting > redirect settings remove port 80 from list.

Restart the machine (or the relevant services using services.msc)

SOLVED

Another way is to make sure the apache services settings are set to automatic rather than default.

Click windows start menu > in search field type services. Go down list of services to wampmysqld & wampapache. Right click > properties, under "startup type" set to automatic instead of manual > click apply then ok.

The next time your machine starts wampserver should take over use of port 80. Notice that whatever is conflicting with the service will stop working - so this should be clear what the problem app is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 04:57PM by phil_c64.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.