Is this still steven martin's wamp site?
Posted by: nelsonm (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 09, 2012 07:25PM

Hi all,

I am using Steven Martins 2.0j x64 wamp server distribution. I haven't updated my wamp server for over a year although this is the same forum i have aways used since installing Steven's wamp server.

I clicked on Steve' old wamp site link but i get this fancy new site "www.wampserver.com" by Alter Way created by Romain Bourdon and the wamp x64 download is for 2.2c.

When i click on my wamp installations' Aestan Tray Menu, it shows "unoffical wampserver version 2.0j64bit" with a link for the sources at www.pampserver.com with versions 2.0j.

What is going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this still steven martin's wamp site?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 09, 2012 07:35PM

hi,
i never owned WampServer,com

Romain created wampserver in 2004 , i think while he worked with Alterway.
in 2009 he stopped working on the project and the project was unmanaged.

in 2010 i decided to create a version of wamp so that people could carry on updating wamp2.0

however in 2011 , Herve Leclerc from alterway updated the project and it is now WampServer2.2

one issue is that the new release is built using VC9 Complier, so none of the old addons work with this new version.

I had created the first x64 version of wamp , but it is also made with this now so there is no need for me to continue making an unoffical version.

Steven

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 09, 2012 07:57PM

Steven,

First, let me say that i really, really, really appreciated your work for all our benefit, my hat is off to you sir.

Ok, so your saying that your old 2.0j64bit has been replaced by the new official wampserver 2.2c version?

Do you support, personally, this new version? Other than using the latest components?

Nelson M.
sales@nados.com

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 09, 2012 08:26PM

well it hasnt improved... which is disappointing i guess... i guess its because its open source.

i can think of a lot of features that would make it better, possibly ill have to develop my own server smiling smiley

but it works just as well as the other builds smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: February 09, 2012 08:44PM

Steven,

Thanks for your support. I guess i'll upgrade just to take advantage of the newer versions of apache, mysql, php and myphpadmin.

However, i will continue to look for newer versions of your wamp.

thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.